PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, need a little help..

Maxx_Action
06-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Hey all...

Just picked up a mojave for my son this weekend. It needs a couple things, a fan, rear brake pads, maybe a new stator (the light gets awful dim at idle). But the thing really does run and ride good.

The only thing I feel there may be an issue with is it has to really rev before it gets the power up. Once it does, it is pretty stout. I dragged my other son on it who has a raptor 250 with GYTR pipe, jets, and it was pretty even.

What should I be looking for to add a little more power down low? I am thinking the pilot jet is lean, cause I added about a turn out on the mixture screw and that seemed to help a little bit. Any thoughts? It has the dynojet needle, and jets, and a pod filter on the back of the carb (i am going to build an air box). Thanks for the input.

Eric

jonboy
06-15-2009, 07:42 PM
Contact Greg at www.cycleworksracing.net He is the guru for all things mojave. Or give him a call at 1-717-637-1907

greenblood01
07-15-2009, 12:38 PM
For more power I would get a Big Gun Evo X exhaust and get an intake tube from CWR when he has them ready. A set of .380 cams would help too, along with a 36mm Mikuni carb.

450rKid13
08-26-2009, 10:05 AM
If you want a quick way to add power, just do a small top end rebuild. New valve seals, gaskets, clean the valvetrain good, and drop in a wiseco 11.5:1 high compression piston. I did this to mine when i bought it just so i wouldn't have to worry later. it really woke that little mojave up.