PDA

View Full Version : 09 kfx 50 hop up parts

desratt
06-15-2009, 04:31 PM
if any one knows of any please list them..

LT80
06-16-2009, 06:29 AM
Ask airmobile101. He has/had one.

airmobile101
06-17-2009, 04:39 PM
What yea wanting to know?

airmobile101
06-17-2009, 05:00 PM
Rath Racing front bumper(Kymco 50/90)
AC Racing nerf bars(Kymco 50/90)
Keihin 16mm carb (manual chock)
Uni dual pod filter
+2 a-arms from DC(predator 90)
+3 a- arms from MK(ozzie)
Fox Float MXR shocks all the way around. +3 a-arms require a custom bracket for the shocks while the +2 arms mount up with no issue. Rear float will make the back of the bike set up a tad bit more since its longer than stock. Also, I originally had a Predator 90 front shock mounted on the rear that worked awesome for harescrambles,but I stress this big time,do not jump it with that predator front shock mounted to the rear!

Cylinder has the base gasket removed and replaced with "blue" permatex gasket maker. It bumps the compression up and gives it a little bit more torque off the line. 100-105 octane works awesome,but will still run off 87 octane.
Naraku racing cam(gy6)
OORACING 14000 rpm cdi.
Koso modified variator with Koso Clutch and a NCY gripper bell housing. Those all came from a Honda DIO scooter.
Modified Roll Design antivibe bar clamp
Standard Rental bars.
FMF exhaust. I would just leave the stocker on and modify the end cap(spark arrestor).

Most engine parts will interchange with a 50cc gy6 scooter except the aftermarket cdi box.
I got a 90cc kit that will be slapped on in Oct. So, I will let yea know how that goes.

triple b
06-19-2009, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by airmobile101
Uni dual pod filter
Fox Float MXR shocks all the way around. +3 a-arms require a custom bracket for the shocks while the +2 arms mount up with no issue. Rear float will make the back of the bike set up a tad bit more since its longer than stock. Also, I originally had a Predator 90 front shock mounted on the rear that worked awesome for harescrambles,but I stress this big time,do not jump it with that predator front shock mounted to the rear!

Cylinder has the base gasket removed and replaced with "blue" permatex gasket maker. It bumps the compression up and gives it a little bit more torque off the line. 100-105 octane works awesome,but will still run off 87 octane.
Naraku racing cam(gy6)
OORACING 14000 rpm cdi.
Koso modified variator with Koso Clutch and a NCY gripper bell housing. Those all came from a Honda DIO scooter.
Standard Rental bars.
FMF exhaust. I would just leave the stocker on and modify the end cap(spark arrestor).

Most engine parts will interchange with a 50cc gy6 scooter except the aftermarket cdi box.
I got a 90cc kit that will be slapped on in Oct. So, I will let yea know how that goes.

Do you have any pics of this little beast?

desratt
06-19-2009, 10:58 AM
any web links to stores selling these or other parts for this bike...

sorry I might have missed but how about a dyno..

is the kymco the same as the kawi?????

LT80
06-19-2009, 11:04 AM
The Kawi is a Kymco. :)

jetta75
06-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Here are some pics
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm242/TimmyRuark/sale2.jpg
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm242/TimmyRuark/sale1.jpg
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthr...threadid=388477

06-19-2009, 01:43 PM
no similarity to the z90 for any of these parts?

airmobile101
06-19-2009, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by desratt
any web links to stores selling these or other parts for this bike...

sorry I might have missed but how about a dyno..

is the kymco the same as the kawi?????

As LT80 said, its a Kymco. Dyno??? No need for a dyno. Just a stopwatch and multiple runs everytime a new mod was added.
As for parts, they came from all over. EBAY,ATVRIDERS.COM, ETC. The frame is pretty much the same as a Predator or E-TON, so the a-arms and stuff shoud mount up with the exception of the tie rod ends which uses the Honda style.
I got a few pics on here thats a few threads down as Jetta75 stated.

The LTZ50/90 will have its fair share of aftermarket parts soon. It just a matter of time. Hang in there!

airmobile101
08-03-2009, 01:25 AM
Ok, I got a new mod that Im gonna try tomorrow that Im totally excited about. Im not gonna say what it is until I know that it works. I let yea all know!:D

airmobile101
08-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Lightened flywheel:D

nordic quad
08-04-2009, 01:54 PM
How is it working out,I got some dads with 90cc Arctic cats looking for performance mods at our track.:D

airmobile101
08-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Nothing to get over excited about,but every little bit helps:D It rev's up a tad bit quicker. We ran the clock on it, its running 1/10-2/10 quicker off the line with 17/28 gear combo. Its not a DRR or a Apex,but it gets the job done!

nordic quad
08-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Every little mod that works helps,i have followed some of your other mods,a purpose built 4stoke can be a performer still:D .By the way the Fox shocks you are using are they the pitbike ones?and how are they working out.

airmobile101
08-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Yea, the Fox's are for a CRF50 or any other pit bike. They mount up perfect with the +2 a-arms. No mods or anything like that. Well... as it being a performer??? Not to bad, its not gonna blow no DRR's off the trail, but it has the torque to put down compared to a two-stroke. It works real good if the trail is muddy:D

nordic quad
08-06-2009, 05:25 PM
I had a guy measure the shocks on the new Yamaha Raptor 90 and he said they vere 10,5" all the way around so they should work on that one to.Its a good thing that everybody dont need a high rewing national machine.:D

airmobile101
08-07-2009, 10:49 AM
lol, no national engine needed for woods racing. Just the skills. As for the shock, The Fox float did raise up the rear of the bike a tad bit, but once he sits on it, you can't tell the difference from the stocker to the Fox shock. Whats really neat about those shocks is that you can adjust the rebound. It really can hit some stuff and take the bounce out.

nordic quad
08-07-2009, 11:06 AM
No national quads here either,but still have 2 screaming Apexes,planing of replacing one with a 4stroke for next year.Are the KLX 110 MXR stiffer sprung factory preset over the ones for the CRF 50 shocks?

airmobile101
08-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by nordic quad
No national quads here either,but still have 2 screaming Apexes,planing of replacing one with a 4stroke for next year.Are the KLX 110 MXR stiffer sprung factory preset over the ones for the CRF 50 shocks?
Its the same thing if your talking about the Fox Floats.

nordic quad
08-07-2009, 11:25 AM
Ok thanks,lots of plans in my head now LOL:D

hwill
08-07-2009, 11:12 PM
airmobile101 I thought I read that you modified the brake levers. I take it that is to make them fit the smaller hands better.
That is the one thing I don't like about the Kawi for my boy but he has managd so far.

What exactly did you do? Even though he can work the brakes good I would feel better if they fit him better.

My boy is moving pretty good and we plan to fix up the Kawi for him when it starts to cool off.

Thanks

airmobile101
08-08-2009, 02:22 AM
I used ASV levers for a CRF50. Known as shorty levers. I had to really modify them, especially the one for the front brakes with the dual cables.

airmobile101
08-27-2009, 07:15 PM
Just an update. I advanced the timing by a degree since the cdi doesn't do that. So, with the mods I have now, my son is able to knock out a 100ft drag at about 5.30 sec. @ at or near 22 mph. The mph is a tad off since the GPS doesnt update that fast. To me, thats good considering he was originally only getting 6.05-6.40 on the 100ft. drag. Thats damn near a second off his time. Plus our 100ft. drag does have a slight uphill, so it could be better. Now thats with us running a 17/28 sprocket combo. Not to shabby for a 4-stroke turd:D

Chrisd4201
09-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by airmobile101
Uni dual pod filter

Naraku racing cam(gy6)
OORACING 14000 rpm cdi.
Standard Rental bars.

i have a question airmobile is your rath racing front bumper the cross country bumper, the mini bumper, or the standard bumper?

airmobile101
09-07-2009, 11:12 PM
That would be for a Kymco 90. The bumper that is.