PDA

View Full Version : FMLesque Story

Punkmaster Flex
06-15-2009, 02:04 PM
So here's the context:

Last week me a my friend went to see a 2003 400EX that looked quite good. The price was a bit high but anyway I thought it was worth it. So we come back home in his car ( 1998 Oldmobile Alero ) he's pushing is hard in the hills and all. Suddenly the engine starts knocking.

We bring the car at home and guess what, he blew his car's engine right when he was about to buy his 400EX. 1000$ hole in his pocket, he can't buy the quad. He says **** I gotta buy a quad I'll borrow that 1000$ from the bank so I can repair the car and buy a quad.

He borrows the 1000$ to get his car repaired. While I'm out of the city he went to see a 2001 400EX that was a bit cheaper than the other one. My friend ( who knows **** all about motors btw ) asks the guy if the quad has any damage or something. He says the rings are due ( quite common on 400s anyway ) but the quad runs strong if you take care of it.

My friend buys the quad and doesnt tell me about what the guy told him. I didnt get to see the quad but he told me it was smoking a bit. I told him that's normal cause most 400EX burn a bit of oil. At this time he didnt tell me that the rings are completely caput so I didnt bother to go and see the quad immediately.

I get out with friend and when I come back I open MSN and my friend is yelling that his quad stalled and when he fires it up it sounds like there are nails inside his engine or something. I'm like 'OMG he didnt...' and go at his place. First thing I do is pop the oil filler cap. No oil.

I take the head off and there's munched metal everywhere, the piston is gripped and the valves knocked badly, destroying the valve seats.

So in less than 5 days, my friend managed to blow his car AND his quad which he had bought not even 2 hours before! Now he'll have to pay for 2 blown engine so half of his summer is scrapped by that. How can one be so mechanically noob not to figure out there's a problem when your quad is smoking as **** and it knocks badly?

Anyway I'm still laughing my *** off at him. I just cant believe it hahaha! :P

BEAVER.989
06-15-2009, 02:12 PM
As a gag, you should buy him a quart of oil for his birthday or Christmas.