PDA

View Full Version : What are you up to since school let out

mittman
06-15-2009, 12:28 PM
I havent been on here for about 2 weeks cause I have been so busy. I got out of school on the 1st of june and since then I have been busy doing work, working on my truck, riding and all that stuff. I basically had 3 days of summer to enjoy 1 of them was my b-day and for a moment thought I was finally going to get my diesel back since my dad found a 09 ram 1500 for 25,000 but blew it cause wanted to take 1,000 off but salesmen wouldnt do it. So he still has my diesel. Last week I have been especially busy last Sunday I blew my rear brake line on my dakota thank god I was able to stop and not get hurt. So I redid all the brake lines. Then Monday my boss got the engine in for the dump truck since the other one was on its way out. We put that in on mon and tues took a little bit of wed too. Then we prepped it for paint and replaced drivers side fender Spent thurs and fri doing that. I have only painted a couple of small things with a gun but I must say it came out great. Then sat I worked and sun I watched my boss's son race at a local track and I was the camera man. I have been trying to ride every night after work which I have been so thats good. So far my summer is not going as planned and kinda mad about it. But its either money or fun and id much have money to spend. Today Im not working but the rest of the week I am then Im off to the beach on sat to spend a week down there. What have you guys been up too?

bbender85
06-15-2009, 12:37 PM
enjoying my cleaned-daily house (my fiance is a school teacher. :D )

scuzz
06-15-2009, 12:52 PM
It's been 20 years, so, like, how much time do you have to listen?

atvnut22
06-15-2009, 01:03 PM
tryin to spend time with my friends, cuz 2 of em left today for college, goin to nashville auto deisel, it sucks only really havin friends older than u. the graduated and off to college, and i still got 2 more years of high school:(

mittman
06-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by scuzz

If you can sum up 20 years in 3 paragraphs ill listen lol

8my_Cash
06-15-2009, 01:10 PM
i been out of high school for 4 years hahaha im just trying to get out of college but i think i might be on the Tommy Boy education plan

"Many people goto college for 7 years"

"Yea Tommy, they're called doctors"

born2ride14
06-15-2009, 01:11 PM
Well yesterday my Dad and I Sold a quad and 10 min later, bought another quad, lol. Its pretty sweet, a 250x tc motor fullbore plastics ac bumpers nerfs and grab bar, jb a arms, lsr swing arm elkas all around, BOLT ON LINKAGE!, LSR axle, galfer lines,and a butload of extras, needs a lil work, but she is going to purrrrrrttttttaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy!

atvnut22
06-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by 300maniac
Well yesterday my Dad and I Sold a quad and 10 min later, bought another quad, lol. Its pretty sweet, a 250x tc motor fullbore plastics ac bumpers nerfs and grab bar, jb a arms, lsr swing arm elkas all around, BOLT ON LINKAGE!, LSR axle, galfer lines,and a butload of extras, needs a lil work, but she is going to purrrrrrttttttaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy!

sounds nice, post some pics

06-15-2009, 01:46 PM
been out of school for almost a month, Friday will be 1 month. I really havent done much just working and hanging out with friends. Did a lot of cruise nights just riding around with my friends racing eachother and what not. Hit up a few parties. Went riding my ATV twice so far. Put up my 1 car for sale and bought an axle back for my other car. Spent a couple days in the hospital for my dads surgery and thats about it. Nothing to tell a good story about besides a 1.6L SOHC on 15psi beating a 2.4L DOHC on 20psi both had the same exact turbo.

born2ride14
06-15-2009, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by atvnut22
sounds nice, post some pics

Here she be. She is half way torn down right now tomorrow i am sending the rear shock to be serviced and sending out the bent vavle to tom at tc racing so he can match it, pretty exciting!

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z190/born2ride4/250x003.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z190/born2ride4/250x004.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z190/born2ride4/250x002.jpg

JRP
06-15-2009, 02:04 PM
I got done with my freshman year of college about 5 weeks ago. FINALLY just landed a job, working at a costco, not to sure if you have one near where you live. They pay great for partime, i have benefits(after a certain period of time) and paid vacation. Only downfall... work from 4a.m.- 10a.m., stocking in a freezer aka -25 degrees. That SUCKS, but hey, its money! hahah
Getting the quad back on thursday/friday, leaving for the beach sunday, then when I get back, start racing and riding everyday after work, and keep doing the normal stuff!

scuzz
06-15-2009, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by mittman
If you can sum up 20 years in 3 paragraphs ill listen lol

You've got better things to do than filter through 3 paragraphs of girlfriends, weddings, cars, quads, kids, moving and jobs.

Punkmaster Flex
06-15-2009, 02:18 PM
I'm still at school 'till this Friday. Sucks! :p

atvnut22
06-15-2009, 03:27 PM
Here she be. She is half way torn down right now tomorrow i am sending the rear shock to be serviced and sending out the bent vavle to tom at tc racing so he can match it, pretty exciting!

thats one of the nicer 300's ive seen, i think u need to shave the fenders tho, looks to full with them not cut

gcart2
06-15-2009, 03:37 PM
workin full time. have to save 2500$ for insurance, sucks being sixteen. after i get that paid off i am gonna get a low profile, black, uws tool box for my truck. then gonna save more money for gas.

Ruby Soho
06-15-2009, 03:38 PM
i got school till the 24th.:scary:

mittman
06-15-2009, 03:45 PM

Looks good. My bosses son got a 06 ltr 450 and doesnt want to trail ride with that so is looking for something along those lines.

Originally posted by JRP
I got done with my freshman year of college about 5 weeks ago. FINALLY just landed a job, working at a costco, not to sure if you have one near where you live. They pay great for partime, i have benefits(after a certain period of time) and paid vacation. Only downfall... work from 4a.m.- 10a.m., stocking in a freezer aka -25 degrees. That SUCKS, but hey, its money! hahah
Getting the quad back on thursday/friday, leaving for the beach sunday, then when I get back, start racing and riding everyday after work, and keep doing the normal stuff!

Dont have a costco but we do have a sams club(same thing different name) I would much rather stick to my landscaping job I like being outside plus I get to work on my tan lol. Only thing is when I get back from beach we are starting a job we have to lay 4,500 sq ft of pavers not looking forward to that.

Also I think this site should have a option to multi quote.

MX MaNiAc 06
06-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Been out of school for a month and I have been keeping real busy.

I built an entire motocross track, dug out a pond, bailing hay now, working 40 hrs a week cooking at a country club.

Tore my honda down, selling parts. Buying a KTM next week hopefully.

And also going out 3-4 nights a week hanging with friends drinkin making bad decisions and doing dirty things with girls without talking to them again. Best summer ever so far!

JRP
06-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by mittman
Looks good. My bosses son got a 06 ltr 450 and doesnt want to trail ride with that so is looking for something along those lines.

Dont have a costco but we do have a sams club(same thing different name) I would much rather stick to my landscaping job I like being outside plus I get to work on my tan lol. Only thing is when I get back from beach we are starting a job we have to lay 4,500 sq ft of pavers not looking forward to that.

Also I think this site should have a option to multi quote.

ahhh yeah, theres a sams club real close to hear, but your right, its exactly the same! But believe me, id like to have a landscaping job too, i put in many applications to landscaping businesses but no luck =/ But im HOPING my dads company will hire me soon, 40hrs a week, 4:30p.m. to 2:30a.m. I would be loading and unloading trucks on forklifts, I think that would be ALOT better than doing what I do now lol. But i will keep this job till I find a better opportunity then if i do, I can always move on!

mittman
06-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Yeah Just keep sending in applications you never know when someone might be looking for someone . I got my job cause I knew my boss like 7 years before that and It was a just suppose to be a one time deal but after he saw how hard I worked I got asked to come back the next day and have been doing it ever since. Now after 3 years I love it even more I have a great boss good pay and I even got a dump truck as my daily driver whats better than that is it has a new engine and paint job lol I think I made out pretty well.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll267/dodgediesellover/dumptruck.jpg

exrider12
06-15-2009, 06:36 PM
I dont get out of my freshman year of high school til the 25th:mad:

honda400ex2003
06-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Just working for the last 5 weeks. doing a bit of riding occasionally. not much else just busy doing stuff around the resort when i am not working. I have enough projects to last me the rest of the summer just in time to relax again for 1-2 weeks while working then go back to school for junior year of college at MTU. Michigan tech for Mechanical engineering. steve

born2ride14
06-15-2009, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by atvnut22
thats one of the nicer 300's ive seen, i think u need to shave the fenders tho, looks to full with them not cut

Thanx once i get it running i will cut the fenders, they flop bad real bad

tri5ron
06-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by scuzz
lmao! it's been over 30 years for me, so do I get 5 paragraphs??? LOL!
Enjoy your summer, and your youth, make good memories to carry with you throughout your life.
and as another member here (Ashley) has in her sig....

One day your life will flash before your eyes,....
Make darn sure it's worth watching!

06-15-2009, 09:54 PM
In all seriousness I wouldnt mind hearing life stories after school so type away.

KevinAb
06-15-2009, 10:00 PM
God you guys make me feel old. 20 year club here too....

Since my kids got outta school, we've been on the boat a bunch. Went camping this past weekend on the lake.

Daddy hasn't had much ridin time.

quadboy-55
06-15-2009, 10:24 PM
two days untill exams start for me, then thats that for grade 10.

summers not looking too good with my LT-R450 in the shop for a broken 3rd gear and the practice track filling up with weeds... :(

XCAdam89
06-16-2009, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by JRP

Damn, I didn't know you worked there now. What happened with Carrabas?

I'm trying to find a new job too, I'm getting sick of the one I have now.

8my_Cash
06-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Whew after reading this i though my job was a tad boring...but costco working the freeze thats no fun right there.

Im just working the summer as a web developer.

06-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by quadboy-55
two days untill exams start for me, then thats that for grade 10.

summers not looking too good with my LT-R450 in the shop for a broken 3rd gear and the practice track filling up with weeds... :(

Where do you work to be in 10th grade and have a 2008 LTR with plenty of mods and a 2008 Silverado with atleast something done to it?

06-16-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
Where do you work to be in 10th grade and have a 2008 LTR with plenty of mods and a 2008 Silverado with atleast something done to it?

I wanna know to. :huh

quadboy-55
06-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352

well, my dad ran an overhead crane manufacturing company (owner and founder) where i worked for a couple of years. i got my first quad when i was eight from him. after saving and buying a Z400 in 2007 rode it got hooked, leaned MX after riding day in day out, all summer untill 2008, worked hard at the shop, and sold the Z400 then bought and LT-R.

then my dad became ill with cancer, he owned a few companys so he was well off , anyway, it was from welding aspestoce. i was 15 at the time just in grade 10 when he was diagnosed. he bought all of my older siblings there first cars, but since he was starting to fade fast he wanted to make the last car something special. since i really have an interest in quading and hopefully become a pro racer (my dream and ive been working up to it day and night practicing on the practice track we built) he decided to take the plung on a leftover 2008 fleet model Silverado left at the dealer going for cheap. that was the last thing he ever bought for me. i loved riding with my dad. he taught me everything and we did everything togeather. he basically was one of my BEST friends and he will be missed.

platummxracer8
06-17-2009, 03:41 AM
im in school until friday. it sucks but i'll be a freshman next year so its all good.

tri5ron
06-17-2009, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by quadboy-55
well, my dad ran an overhead crane manufacturing company (owner and founder) where i worked for a couple of years. i got my first quad when i was eight from him. after saving and buying a Z400 in 2007 rode it got hooked, leaned MX after riding day in day out, all summer untill 2008, worked hard at the shop, and sold the Z400 then bought and LT-R.

then my dad became ill with cancer, he owned a few companys so he was well off , anyway, it was from welding aspestoce. i was 15 at the time just in grade 10 when he was diagnosed. he bought all of my older siblings there first cars, but since he was starting to fade fast he wanted to make the last car something special. since i really have an interest in quading and hopefully become a pro racer (my dream and ive been working up to it day and night practicing on the practice track we built) he decided to take the plung on a leftover 2008 fleet model Silverado left at the dealer going for cheap. that was the last thing he ever bought for me. i loved riding with my dad. he taught me everything and we did everything togeather. he basically was one of my BEST friends and he will be missed. your Dad sounds like a very honorable and hard working man. I would have loved to have known him, and you were lucky to have had him. I hope I can be as good of a Father to my kids as he has been for you. always keep him close to your heart, he won't ever leave you.

quadboy-55
06-17-2009, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by tri5ron
your Dad sounds like a very honorable and hard working man. I would have loved to have known him, and you were lucky to have had him. I hope I can be as good of a Father to my kids as he has been for you. always keep him close to your heart, he won't ever leave you.

thanks man. really appreceated. im glad i can carry on his last name!

right now the economy is down and i cant get another job, no one is hiring and my mom wont let me work at the shop so thats a let down.