View Full Version : No link setup

pro-rider46
06-15-2009, 08:56 AM
i am drag racing my 450r, and traction is a bit of a problem, i cant get any bite of the line. i heard that a no link setup gets better traction than the link. can anyone help me out on making a no link setup. i really dont want to spend a fortune on this, so cheap is good.

thanks for any replies.
-steve

fandl450r
06-15-2009, 09:06 AM
A traditional link does put the power to the ground much better than the linkage system simple because the power is directly applied to the rear wheels rather than pivoting through the linkage system.

However this isn't a very easy conversion, especially on a 450R, and probably would not be a cheap one either.

My suggestion would be to maybe have a shock build for drag racing, which I assume would be stiffer than a MX shock so that the power would be applied more directly than the rear shock absorbing the momentum.

Scro
06-15-2009, 09:29 AM
I've heard of somebody using a no-link rear end for a TT bike. I'm thinking it was Rath, but I could be wrong.

Turbo-530r has a sweet drag setup. You may want to contact him.

motofreak2772
06-15-2009, 11:16 AM
get an aluminum pipe and drill holes at the apropriate length... that should work lol jk. but dont they sell those bars that they use instead of shocks? I bet that would be way cheaper than getting a shock made and itll will stiffer too :D

BadinBlack
06-15-2009, 11:26 AM
you can probably run a no link marvin shaw to save some weight and make the conversion possible...

pro-rider46
06-15-2009, 04:58 PM
yeah i know tt bikes are really known for no link setups.

i have 450r parts bike kinda, and i took one of the front shocks off of it, and put it upside down directly to the swingarm and it bottomed as soon as i sat on it, i thought this would be good cause its like a stiff bar, and all the power went to the ground and my friends dad and my dad both said that will make me lose a lot more traction, and i did spin alot out of the hole.

i was talking to turbo530r a while ago about getting a working setup for the front, but i guess its time to learn about the back, im sure he knows alot about that stuff, he runs marvin shaws.

i would like to get a marvin shaw setup but they cost 255 bucks for the rear, and i dont know if im ready to spend that much on that just at the moment.

thanks for the plentiful and fast replies! keep them coming.