PDA

View Full Version : Installation ? about propeg nerf bars

cbrown400ex
11-19-2001, 10:15 AM
I was looking my bike over to see what had to be taken off to install the propegs. When I remove the stock peg and the foot guard, do I need to remove both of the metal braces(the small metal tubing connected to the frame)? I know I have to remove the one connected to the foot guard but what about the outer one? It looks like it is for the rear plastic to give it some support. The problem is when I remove the inner bar(from the foot guard) it will leave a sapce. It would be easy to replace it with a washer, but I didn't know if the top one was needed or not. I hope that is clear enough to get my question across. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also my propegs come in tomorrow and any tips or tricks to installing them would be great. Thanks, CJ

11-19-2001, 10:19 AM
There will be a gap between the motor mount i think it is,,and the front of the nerf bar,,you'll see when you go to mount them,,it's pretty easy to do,,but you will have to pull and snug somethings together to get them to fit.

cbrown400ex
11-19-2001, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the quick reply rico

Did you take both pieces of tubing off with the heal guard or did you leave the top one on?

Taco
11-19-2001, 06:52 PM
leave the one that goes to the rear fenders alone. If you use your heel guards that come with the pro pegs they will go in that gap if not just put the bolt back in.