PDA

View Full Version : A-arm to Spindle bearing

jakiesdad
06-14-2009, 09:34 PM
Had our lower A-arm bearing separate, sphere from the collar. Is this pretty common with the Cobra's. I think the same thing happened to Bradstreets and they added zirks. Should I just go to my local bearing business or anyone have some suggestions. Would like to get it within a week to make it to next race 2 weeks away. Thanxs in advance.

yfz450bb07
06-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Yes that did happen to Matt at the indoor series. We got them from Maguire Bearing, but they were pretty close to the same price as getting them from cobra.

Ryko racing
06-15-2009, 07:03 AM
We replace ours 2 times a season, if you grab the front brake and roll the quad and it is sloppy they are shot, also if the turning radius seems to tighten up they are shot.

good luck

jakiesdad
06-15-2009, 07:06 AM
Thanxs Bob, yeah I figured same thing happened as yours.

We missed U guys this weekend! In fact we missed the whole 70cc class! We were the only 70 expert there. Four fast 90's came down from BC and with Codi moving up to 90 expert, Jake had a good time racing with all them. He was sitting second overall until that bearing gave out.

He loves the new 60cc kit and along with the 14 sprocket he was flying!

yfz450bb07
06-15-2009, 09:00 AM
That sounds like a bummer, but good to see he was up there, did it go out on Saturday or Sunday. Was the turnout decent?? I believe there around $30-$35 each and you might as well replace all 4 at the same time.

We had some things that we had to finish up with baseball season ending, plus we thought that we had taken out Matt's stator again on Sunday at the worcs race. But weird as it could be what happened was the rivets came out of the rear of the silencer and everything twisted so the exhaust was plugged and could not relieve any of the back pressure. It acted the same as it had at Spokane so I just assummed it was the stator again, so it was a big bummer.