PDA

View Full Version : broken bones sets me back what can i do

woodsracer144
06-14-2009, 08:17 PM
as in the title i broke a bone in my hand and i cant ride now for 4 to 6 weeks on the short time... i've been sitting around lookin at the walls and i have nottin to do.... i dont wanna go in or near the shed because i will wanna ride.. the worst part is its in my right hand and thats the one i use all the time... i feel like a total tard when i try to eat because its hard as hell to do... so my question for you fello mxers when you broke a bone what did you do? i dont have a dish or anything for tv i have ABC, PBS and FOX.... thats all nottin more... so any one have anything that will me not be bored out of my mind? thanks
peyton

JJs450r
06-14-2009, 09:17 PM
my foots broken and all i really do is sit at the house and watch tv play xbox, and go drive around some not much i can do

woodsracer144
06-14-2009, 09:19 PM
yeah i sit around the house doing nothing eating food all day... becuase im soo bored... i dont have axbox or ps2 or 3... i need to find something to do though i know that.. i never sit around like this and its drivin me crazy...

JJ how long are you laid up for?

JJs450r
06-14-2009, 09:28 PM
its been broke since april 21 or 22nd, and i have probably a lil more then a month to go, the doc said its healing slow which is good cus the bone i broke in a lot of cases the bone doesn't heal

SRH
06-14-2009, 09:38 PM
pshh i was laid up from august til february with a broken back, i was about ready to lose my sanity with nothing more to do but watch tv, i was pretty incapable of doing much other than that, you only broke your hand, go to the mall, go fishing, service the quad , meet some girls, go ride, its only a hand take it easy and enjoy yourself

woodsracer144
06-14-2009, 09:41 PM
yeah but i touch it and it hurts like a *** i can only type one handed... i can hardly make any food...

Aceman
06-14-2009, 10:00 PM
I hope you're used to wiping with your left. That was an obstacle to overcome when I broke my wrist.:rolleyes: That, and trying to do my homework.:cuss:

SRH
06-14-2009, 10:01 PM
then dont touch it lol.... you have 2 hands, pretend your other arm is chopped off and you have to live life with one hand and go on about your life,...just sitting around thinking about it hurting isnt going to help its just going to magnify the pain

Quad18star
06-14-2009, 10:25 PM
I was laid up for 8 months with a cast from my nuts to my toes .. and it was my right leg so I couldn't drive my car either.

My suggestion if you're really bored , buy a few books and read. You'd be amazed at how much you can educate yourself by picking up a book ..and it passes the time so quickly.

JJs450r
06-14-2009, 10:43 PM
haha my buddy broke had a full leg cast on his right leg but he still managed to drive he threw his leg over in the passenger seat and drove like that

woodsracer144
06-15-2009, 04:37 PM
well i go in tomorrow and find out if i need pins and i get it set... i tied tried to ride the atc 110 today to go for a little ride and i couldnt turn and it was hard to push the throttle...so i was thinkin of rigin up a left hand throttle...

dude its hard as hell to wipe lefty... try gettin a scoop of ice cream its like next to impossable...

mittman
06-15-2009, 06:44 PM
When I broke my wrist I played ps2(didnt have ps3 out yet) was on the computer and still rode just took it easy and took it slow I figured it might not be fast but at least im riding. Then when I messed up my leg snow boarding it was mostly computer and that was it. I read up on forums about trucks/atvs researched some old muscle cars.

Punkmaster Flex
06-15-2009, 07:03 PM
I'd use my left hand to wrench on the quad and improve it while I cant ride it. :D

woodsracer144
06-15-2009, 07:11 PM
im tryin to work on my quad right now and fix it all up so its like new... but i think im gonna go check out a old chevy truck tomorrow and have that to bomb around in... i trid out my 3 wheeler and it was hard to drive,,,