PDA

View Full Version : 06 500 outlaw-low end power

cadtech
06-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Any one have any tips about how to increase low end and midrange on a 500 fuji motor.. I love to ride this bike, and it may be faster overall than my old 400 ex but it sure doesnt feel like it is. On mx tracks, you have to gear down one more gear than the ex to have any power to exit a corner. I have already went down to a 12 front sprocket. engine is stock I dont see how the usual horsepower tricks, opening up the ex,in, jets etc will boost low end as they usually add top end power.

500dollarpreddy
06-15-2009, 06:47 AM
I have an 03 with an 06 Outlaw motor. HMF Slip-on, K&N Filter, and Main jet at 175. i ride 500 to 1000 feet.

Comparable to an 03 500 with a 13 tooth sprocket (I think stock is the 14, but if stock is 13 then he has a 12 tooth ) and jetted to 150, I walk all over him on the drag strip.

Drag strip is a dirt surface and he has new razr 1's and i have new razr 2's

If you add a slip-on and jet and filter to match it will help alot. expecially with the 12 tooth sprocket.

somewon
06-15-2009, 01:46 PM
Are you sure it's low end power your having a problem with? I ask because if you are experiencing power loss when exiting a corner and downshifting corrects the problem it may be that you need more mid to top power.

more mid to top power would allow you to stab the throttle as you exit (assuming you are carrying some momentum through the corner) and run your current gear out.

your riding style/gearing may have something to do with it as well.
if you need to down shift to regain speed exiting a corner you may possibly be trying to carry too high a gear into the corner, or the corner may be sharp/long enough to require a downshift anyway.

With a smaller front sprocket you will feel more torque, but you will need to shift more often as you will run out of each gear quicker and need to use a higher than normal gear to eliminate wheel spin and get up to speed. unfortunately if you upshift high enough to try to lug around you won't get much benifit from the smaller sprocket because being in too tall a gear for the conditions has nothing to do with the gearing.

just my $0.02 hope it helps.

katch26
06-16-2009, 03:48 PM
all polaris fuji motors come with 14 tooth counter sprocket. the 03-04 came with a 37t rear and 05+ come 38

cmpearce
06-16-2009, 08:46 PM
slip-on muffler, aftermarket air filter, remove air filter cover and rejet . you will gain alot of power everywhere.

holeshotoutlaw5
06-27-2009, 10:15 PM
i have to say outlaws that i to went down a tooth on my 500 also. but i also pressured ( powernow) scary fast to come up with an intake slide for our (no low-end fuji 500) and kathy did just that she found out what quads had the exact carb that we have. and walla! she will sell you one! i have no stahling problems anymore. it idles better. and it performs much better in the tight ****!