PDA

View Full Version : well, i think im out

Ruby Soho
06-14-2009, 07:37 PM
of riding..for a little atleast. i originally was going to sell my pitbike and buy a big bike to race, but i decided to sell the pitbike and do up my truck. im thinking of 6" suspension lift, 35's, 16" wheels, finishing my interior, working on the bed, and some other stuff.. not sure on what exactly i want to do to it yet but it means no more riding for now.. never thought i would see this day. anyone else get out and never get back in?

gcart2
06-14-2009, 07:51 PM
i got out of racing. kept the bikes. still like ridin, practice you know. its safer and cheaper.

rollie
06-14-2009, 07:57 PM
Drop a 7.3 PSD in it :cool:

im been thinking of selling my quad to get a cummins but i cant decide which one is more fun and it would take forever to build another quad, haha

extremeblastr
06-14-2009, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by rollie
Drop a 7.3 PSD in it :cool:

im been thinking of selling my quad to get a cummins but i cant decide which one is more fun and it would take forever to build another quad, haha

don't do itttt nick, your 450r is pretty sick and i'm thinkin that hurd and the boys will probably beat you down for selling it lol they already give reynolds hell and ride ronnies ***

06-14-2009, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by hondarider11
Vehicles are so boring. I would never sell my quad for one unless I had to.

I love riding but if it came down to it where the items for the vehicle were something I really wanted I probally could. Actually come to think about it if I sold my 2 cars and my quad I could buy a S2k or WRX.

RIDEREDson
06-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Im opposite. I went from dumping all my money into my truck, making it a mini, and sold it and got into quads.

fastredrider44
06-15-2009, 07:49 AM
I have a 97 Z71 and a 00 S-10. Neither one are very special, but I have more thrills from riding, so I do what I have to to keep the trucks on the road, and spend the extra money on my fourwheeler.

scuzz
06-15-2009, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
I have more thrills from riding, so I do what I have to to keep the trucks on the road, and spend the extra money on my fourwheeler.

This.

trx400EXtreme
06-15-2009, 11:29 AM
ive been in the same boat. i decided to keep the quad and just spend less money on it. my truck always comes first though. quads are still a huge part of my life but i plan on making a career in automotive.

motofreak2772
06-15-2009, 11:36 AM
Why would you sell your bike for your truck... I would put money into a truck when I have nothing better to spend my money on. Whats the point of a lift kit and cool interior if you dont have a bike in the bed haha. but seriously trucks just make you look cool, you willget bored afte a while and realize you wish you had your bike.

BakerRacing40
06-15-2009, 12:35 PM
i bought my truck and said "o ya i'm going to get a 6" lift , 35" tires and nice wheels, lights and paint and all kinds of stuff" and so far i've got new tires.. stock size and some body work and paint thanks to a deer but she's a stocker and then my quads are pretty nice and i have more fun riding and racing then spending money on tires and fuel to just drive around.

reptikes
06-15-2009, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by scuzz
This.

Im with you.

Flynbryan19
06-15-2009, 12:48 PM
You'll turn around about a year from now and buy another quad cause your bored with the auto scene. Its too expensive to play with the big boys and in my opinion no where near as rewarding. Been here and done this. Missed the rush too much.

hotrodbelair
06-15-2009, 01:14 PM
ive also cut back on racing and started doin some work to my blazer making it a rock crawler. right now im waiting on my shackles to come in then can get the rear end finished up then I can start doin my 56" spring swap up front

Ruby Soho
06-15-2009, 03:27 PM
well the thing is, i've been there and done it with the quads. ive done it in the pitbike scene, modified the crap out of all of my rides over the years, raced, etc.. its just not much a thrill to me anymore. i still enjoy it and plan on getting a bike in the future but for right now all im into is trucks haha

Pipeless416
06-15-2009, 09:46 PM
joe, whatever you do, make sure you fully enjoy it. thats really all that matters. you had a sweet quad.. nobody builds a nice quad, gets rid of it, and stays out of it forever :p