PDA

View Full Version : video of successful jump on uphil triple at NCMP

quad2xtreme
06-14-2009, 07:15 PM
This is David Martin hitting the big uphill triple at NCMP. For those who have been to NCMP, you know this is a big jump for a quad...partially because the jump before slows you down so it is difficult to get the speed you need. To date, I know 3 quad riders who have made it...1 says he won't do it again, 1 took an ambulance ride, and I will post David's nasty wreck soon.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K31eUg-O53E&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K31eUg-O53E&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

JJs450r
06-14-2009, 08:24 PM
im pretty sure harris was the first to successfully get over it, but ya was the one to take ambulance ride, you hear he won the 1000 at vmp saturday?

nynetwo9
06-14-2009, 08:24 PM
wow that place looks pretty sick!! is it a practice track?

quad2xtreme
06-14-2009, 08:57 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VGNn9XjT1Xw&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VGNn9XjT1Xw&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

quad2xtreme
06-14-2009, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by nynetwo9

It is pretty much a practice track except for about 3 races a year. Many of the pros come in the winter time and the week before the Birch Creek race.

quad2xtreme
06-14-2009, 09:06 PM
BTW, David made it through this pretty well all things considered. He got knocked out for a couple minutes, tweaked his rotator cuff, maybe a crack in his collarbone, and scrapes and bruises. He's made this jump before but successfully completing it in the past seems to be no guarantee of future success.

Jeremy is correct...Harrison Boyd is the 1st to attempt it and he made it. He later tried it during the pre-race practice sessions and left in an ambulance. There are two others who tried but never made it...also took ambulance rides.

I would say about 20 dirt bike riders make this as a quad jump...meaning that they hit the lander on the tabletop. I've even seen a kid on a CF85 land it as a quad jump.

JJs450r
06-14-2009, 09:13 PM
the dirtbikers make it look alot easier haha ncmp is probably one of the best track in north carolina

quad2xtreme
06-14-2009, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by nynetwo9

I will start another thread tomorrow with more footage on various jumps at the track. The tracks were a bit rougher than usual today and dustier. The owner was away for the weekend.

Actually, I have some footage of a race of mine from back in January...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W9EdrGTa2MA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W9EdrGTa2MA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

BlaineKaiser450
06-14-2009, 10:42 PM
that looks like an amazingly fun track!

quad2xtreme
06-15-2009, 11:21 AM
definitely cracked his collarbone 85% of the way through...they are doing x-rays of his hip right now. :(

motofreak2772
06-15-2009, 11:24 AM
only 3 people have tried that?
It looks big but I think more people can do it than that, I think someone can quad that thing lol.

motofreak2772
06-15-2009, 11:32 AM
oh damn nevermind lol. I just watched the third video and looking at the jump from that angle you can see how big it really is lol. Thats a good sized jump but I still think someone can quad it.

quad2xtreme
06-15-2009, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by motofreak2772
only 3 people have tried that?
It looks big but I think more people can do it than that, I think someone can quad that thing lol.

No disrespect to the pros but I know Wimmer, Natalie, and a few other guys have decided not to try it. It isn't that it is the largest jump in the world by any means. The thing is you have to go over the previous jump slow enough that you don't overshoot it. Then, you have to have the motor to really pick up enough speed to hit it. The only way I will ever attempt it is if a 200 lb guy gets on my quad and I watch him do it. I definitely don't think my quad will make it.

scuzz
06-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
The only way I will ever attempt it is if a 200 lb guy gets on my quad and I watch him do it. I definitely don't think my quad will make it.

Smart man. Just make sure they put down a damage deposit....

JRP
06-15-2009, 02:01 PM
lol nice vids jon! david called me last night as soon as he found out it was broke, i was in bed cuz my new job I get up at 3:30 every morning, so bed at 8 is common lol. But I talked to him again today, hes feeling alright, still sore, but wont require surgery or anything. He said u also had some video of him knocked out too? hahah. Im glad hes alright though, his mom is the one who told me originially, then i talked to him and yup, its broke. He went to a sports medicine doctor today cuz the doc. told him it owuld be 6-8 weeks, so hes gonna get a diff opinion. We are leaving for the beach on sunday for a week, and hes been planning on going with us, he said hes still comming, but hes gonna have to take it easy this year, unlike last year... HAHAHAH

But about the size of the jump, yes its really big, it may not look it, but the face on the step up isn't huge, so you have to hit it really fast to get over it, its not worth it though... =/

jherbie28
06-15-2009, 03:27 PM
people can say what they want about a jump like that untill they are looking at the take off:devil: jon 2 weeks man i cant wait to get down there with ya. breezewood then ncmp awsome:D

quad2xtreme
06-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by JRP
lol nice vids jon! david called me last night as soon as he found out it was broke, i was in bed cuz my new job I get up at 3:30 every morning, so bed at 8 is common lol. But I talked to him again today, hes feeling alright, still sore, but wont require surgery or anything. He said u also had some video of him knocked out too? hahah. Im glad hes alright though, his mom is the one who told me originially, then i talked to him and yup, its broke. He went to a sports medicine doctor today cuz the doc. told him it owuld be 6-8 weeks, so hes gonna get a diff opinion. We are leaving for the beach on sunday for a week, and hes been planning on going with us, he said hes still comming, but hes gonna have to take it easy this year, unlike last year... HAHAHAH

But about the size of the jump, yes its really big, it may not look it, but the face on the step up isn't huge, so you have to hit it really fast to get over it, its not worth it though... =/

His getting hurt is impacting 2 trips. Your trip to the beach and he was supposed to go along with me for the trip to BPG over the 4th. He was supposed to invite you too if you got your quad back together in time. I would say I will be heading there by myself but I completely snapped my frame again in 2 places. Guess it is time to lose some weight. Not sure I have enough time to get it fixed. I have a guy coming over tonight to look at it. I might have to take Connie's 2008. :D

I talked to David today to see how he was doing. He seemed in good spirits so I assume he was on some pain meds. :p

JRP
06-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
His getting hurt is impacting 2 trips. Your trip to the beach and he was supposed to go along with me for the trip to BPG over the 4th. He was supposed to invite you too if you got your quad back together in time. I would say I will be heading there by myself but I completely snapped my frame again in 2 places. Guess it is time to lose some weight. Not sure I have enough time to get it fixed. I have a guy coming over tonight to look at it. I might have to take Connie's 2008. :D

I talked to David today to see how he was doing. He seemed in good spirits so I assume he was on some pain meds. :p

hahah yeah very true! He told me he was going to go with you a few weeks ago, and I told him I would go too if I had everything together and if I could get off work, but thats horrible jon! Hopefully you can steal connies 450 and ride that till you get hers fixed, tell her I said to share ;) hahahah! But oh yeah, he deff is on some pain meds. He called my sis last night and was like "Im really messed up right now, so I wont talk long" then hung up the phone, hahah! But he ordered a new stem, bumper, and upper aarm, hes ready to go! lol Hopefully I'll see you soon man!

06LTRfofiddy
06-15-2009, 06:53 PM
so ive never really posted on a forum...especially while typing with one hand...so uh bare with me :) haha

jordan, once im back were jumping this side by side..jon film it...it'll be EPIC lol

quad2xtreme
06-15-2009, 08:48 PM
in slo-mo

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gjbvDGzYekA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gjbvDGzYekA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

quad2xtreme
06-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Glad to see you can type at all David. :p

06LTRfofiddy
06-15-2009, 11:32 PM
meeee too Jon. I definatly think im going to try it more lol...after im well.

u can clearly hear me cut power at the face...i just need to hold it all the way and more power...it thru me straight at least lol

ordered everything i needed that i broke/bent but a new helmet today...thatll be next :D

JRP
06-16-2009, 05:56 AM
hahah that video is crazy, lol. Its insane to see it that slow, like when you see it slow like that, you can easily tell your going WAY to slow david lol. You cased it allt he way, but im just glad ur alright! But done man, we will do it! Im gonna seat bounce it though lol

quad2xtreme
06-16-2009, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by JRP
hahah that video is crazy, lol. Its insane to see it that slow, like when you see it slow like that, you can easily tell your going WAY to slow david lol. You cased it allt he way, but im just glad ur alright! But done man, we will do it! Im gonna seat bounce it though lol

You need to watch the slo-mo video again Jordan. David seat bounced it too....albeit on the landing. :p :p :p

LTRracer4
06-16-2009, 10:38 AM
I totally understand what you guys are saying by having to see it in person and ride over it and what not, but in neither video did the guy scrub the jump before it, and in the second video he over jumped the first jump. I feel like if you could scrub the first jump good and land right at the top of the decent then you could prolly make it over pretty consistent. Also if the track was prepped definatley get better traction and better odds. Im sure its tough, but I would look at it twice.

06LTRfofiddy
06-16-2009, 01:00 PM
yea i was actually noticing i did overshoot the table just a tad in the wreck one

06LTRfofiddy
06-16-2009, 01:00 PM
yea i was actually noticing i did overshoot the table just a tad in the wreck one