PDA

View Full Version : banshee trade..

deathcorefan2
06-14-2009, 03:11 PM
i see banshees on craigslist all the time and was wondering if i should get one...people take trades for 400exs like all the time on there.

opinions?

timmy400exfast
06-14-2009, 03:34 PM
if you want speed yeah but not a very good trail rider and you have to rebuild them alot

droppedmazda
06-14-2009, 04:19 PM
somebody is gonna be in trouble when they reply and DMC- 400 gets on here and sees what they said about banshees.

deathcorefan2
06-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by droppedmazda
somebody is gonna be in trouble when they reply and DMC- 400 gets on here and sees what they said about banshees.

lol i figured someone would bring him up lol.

sab24711
06-14-2009, 04:37 PM
get it build it save it the new 250r

honda400-4-ever
06-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by sab24711
get it build it save it the new 250r

x2!!!

honda400-4-ever
06-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by droppedmazda

lol :devil:

MyKe2g3
06-14-2009, 04:50 PM
It all depends on what you want to do with the bike. A banshee is fun and fast but it gets in your wallet real fast. If you are just trail riding and want something quicker get a honda 250r. But if you are strictly into drags a banshee is the way to go.

timmy400exfast
06-14-2009, 06:36 PM
yeah banshees are topend monsters i mean when they hit the powerband they're like a bat out of hell

06-14-2009, 07:37 PM
LOL, you all know I would see this at some point:p

I'm not going to get into any arguments in this thread guys, don't worry. Say whatever you want about banshee's, I promise:D

Anyway, deathcore, it depends what kind of riding you do. If you do a majority of trail riding and really really long rides, stick with your 400ex. The banshee, I will admit, is not as comfortable of a trail bike as the 400ex, and is a pig on gas.

But if you ride fairly fast trails, fields, some tracks, I would consider the trade if I were you.

My comparison between the two.

Trails-
400ex: Softer suspension all around makes it soak stuff up much better. A little less bump steer then the banshee. Great trail machine.

Banshee: Stiff front shocks, and tall gearing make it less desirable in the woods. But the seat is like a couch. It would take different front suspension and a smaller front sprocket to make it better in the trails.

Fields-
400ex: Lack of power next to the shee makes it... well... a hell of a lot more boring. Motor doesn't have enough snot to make it a blast.

Banshee: It has such a violent hit, and screams to the moon. Very very fast with just a set of pipes. Row through the gears and fly.

Jumps-
400ex: The 400ex is a lot more predictable on the take off, because of it's tractability and controllability. But it feels like a pig in the air. Just heavy feeling. Landings are rough do to the soft front suspension.

Banshee: Because of the snappy engine, you need to take off at the right rpm to jump nicely. Feels nice and light in the air, and soaks up jumps very nicely. (where the stiffer front shocks come into play)

Hillclimbing-
400ex: To put it simply, I don't trust the 400ex on hills at all. The couple I tried, it noticeably bogs down towards the top and creates a scary feeling. Just doesn't have the power.

Banshee: It gives me confidence to pretty much take on a lot of hills. Once it hits powerband it never drops out.. doesn't even phase the engine. But may inspire too much confidence.

For MY TYPE of riding, at coal mines, which consists of hills, straights, and jumps. If I had to choose one or the other, I would keep my banshee fo sho.

Go test ride one for the hell of it. Everyone has different opinions and feel things differently. I can't tell you if you will find it comfortable. Only you can determine that.
Just remember, it will cost a little more money. They last a pretty long time, and are really reliable, but when it DOES come time to rebuild or mod it, everythings doubled. Pistons, crank is more, carbs, spark plugs, etc.

That's all I can say. Ride one bro, let us know!:cool:

Ryan'07400ex
06-14-2009, 07:57 PM
I just rode a banshee for the first time yesterday. All i know that it had on it was pipes. I aint gonna lie, i didn't no what to expect out of the power band. From the first wine I could tell it was fastr than my ex but I honestly would rather have my ex.
My 400ex feels more comfortable on trails and power delivery is alot more smooth (unfortuantly doesn't have as much as a shee though). I loved the sudden jerk of speed but wouldn't like it always. I only like it for the first 10 minutes then kinda was like "unpredictable" (that is probably just me inexperienced)
The guy (my cousin) offered to sell it for 3800. he put on new tires, rims, and 700 dollars pipes the week b4. I easily said no
however if i could have both I would take out the banshee for whipping on all my friends. 81.5 stock sounds good to me:) Thats all i like it for the speed.
just my .02