PDA

View Full Version : I Think The Swingarm Bushing Is Bad?

BYTOR
06-14-2009, 12:15 PM
OK Thanks for having me to your site ok its a 2004 Polaris Trailboss 330 2 wheel drive bought this bike 1 year ago all seemed ok with it the chain loosend up and when I put the quad on a lift ( under the engine ) and jacked I knew right away there was some thing wrong alot of play on the right front part of the swing arm where the bushing is so my question is can I just replace the right side because of time constraints ( I have a trip 2 weeks from now ) the left side looks ok CAN IT BE DONE just one side replace the bushings ( 2 cups ) not the bushing with the treads unless I tear into it and that is gone also then I will have to replace it also because of time issue let me know right away if they tend to go.because I have to order the parts MON 15 th. Also it looks like I will have to take the shock,break lines and possible CVT cover on the left side ( IF I HAVE TO REPLACE THE LEFT BUSHINGS AS WELL) Thank you so very much and some order to diasemble would be great if anyone person needs a service manule to the 2003-2005 Kawasaki praire 700 (650) straight axle please let me know and I will mail you the CD ROM Thanks again PLEASE I NEED SOME HELP thanks Anthony I will be tearing it down SUN night TONIGHT

deathman53
06-14-2009, 01:34 PM
You have remove the swingarm to do the bushings/bearings. I would do both sides, when one goes, the other isn't too far away.

BYTOR
06-15-2009, 11:21 AM
Geeezzzz how big a nut that is it's like 2 inch plus I'm thinking like channel locks BIG ONE's I'm thinking I have to take the shock off and the CVT cover to get at the left side thanks in advance ANT.

BYTOR
06-19-2009, 04:04 PM
F-that now the weirdest of all I cant get to the left side pivot bolt like the service manule states by looking at it I would say they only way to get to those bolts and remove them is by taking the CVT back cover off and that means taking the belt pulleys off WOW big job FU

BYTOR
06-22-2009, 06:33 PM
Does any one know the exact size of the swingarm PIVOT BOLT its like a 1 5/8 " but that seemed to big and the next one down was a 1 9/16" and that did not fit .......????? I know we are dealing with CANADA here so one would think MM I know they got that metric thing but all the nuts & bolts I have taken of this thing were 5/8" , 9/16" , 1/2 " ETC.so they got me thinking it's american SIZE....... I HAVE NO F"EN CLUE any help would greatley be appreaciated tring to torq that nut to 140 FT. LBS. is not a easy task with a large adjustable wrench on a angle Thanks for all the HELP ANTHONY

deathman53
06-23-2009, 11:03 AM
polaris is like that, they mix metric and american standard stuff. I bet its metric, so is probably half of the motor. Polaris has americna. metric, torq and philips stuff. Some the stuff, is very much like wood screws. My friend always said about working on any polaris, you need american, metric, torq and a carpenters tool box.