PDA

View Full Version : any places in orange cty ny to ride

tony400ex
06-14-2009, 07:17 AM
whats going on people. ilive in orange cty ny and as we all do know the cops have shut down most of the good places to ride etc..if anyone on this site i know there is a few of you that live close to me if ur down to ride let me know..... im itchin to get back into the woods to ride

jtquad
06-15-2009, 07:30 AM
tony, you can up to monticello and ride whenever you want. let me know - JT

tony400ex
06-15-2009, 01:37 PM
ill ride where ever... but let me ask u this is there FEE

jtquad
06-15-2009, 01:39 PM
no fee. But we do prefer if you join the club but its up to you, you dont have to - JT

tony400ex
06-15-2009, 01:53 PM
lets see what you have to offer as to rideing wise and how good the trails are before i join......
but i would like to come and ride to see what you have

jtquad
06-15-2009, 01:56 PM
yeah absolutely. Also we ride tons of private trails and soon will have 20 - 50 miles open for members.

tony400ex
06-15-2009, 01:58 PM
ok sounds good on this end.. when is the next time ur going out?.. and where iwll it be.. idont care about the mud etc.. i have a kfx 450r.. i dont mind getting it stuck unline other riders

jtquad
06-15-2009, 01:59 PM
cool maybe this weekend depending on weather. ill keep ya posted - JT

tony400ex
06-15-2009, 02:00 PM
saturday is good for me but for sunday its not gonna be good for me... gotta take my father out for fathers day

maska
06-18-2009, 01:30 PM
There are some great trails right in Maybrook. Take 84 to exit 5 on to RT208 toward Maybrook.About a mile on the left there is a bar with a huge parking lot to park $ unload. Take the side street that connects to the parking lot down and over the tracks.Make a right on the tracks and look for entranceways on your left to the main trail area. I was there for the first time last weekend and was absoutally in heaven. I reccomend go with a friend as it's pretty easy to get lost.
ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tony400ex
06-19-2009, 06:17 PM
maybrook as been shut down for a long time i know a few dec guys and the bar was shut down so there is no more parking there and paying etc....
a company oasis bought maybrook and pressing charges one a few guys that got caught there... so for me to drive 20 mins there to ride is not worth my time to lose my quad nor get charges on me

djunity
06-20-2009, 09:11 PM
hello everyone. this is my first post but i came across this site by doing searches on riding spots in Orange County, NY.

i was aware that Maybrook got shut down. They now also just passed a law in Blooming Grove banning ATV's which really sucks because there was some great riding over here. anyone know any other spots?

tony400ex
06-21-2009, 08:43 AM
hey dj they didnt pass that bann yet... it hasnt gone threw the board for washingtonville... but we still ride out there on the black dirts and lake ann...

maska
06-21-2009, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by tony400ex
hey dj they didnt pass that bann yet... it hasnt gone threw the board for washingtonville... but we still ride out there on the black dirts and lake ann...

Where are those trails? I'm heart broken that Yellow Freight is a bust.

tony400ex
06-21-2009, 09:09 AM
yea man.. maybrook has been busted for awhile know..... thise trails are in washingtonville ny.. where i ride.... where are you from?...
you got places to ride by you ?

djunity
06-21-2009, 10:01 AM
i spoke with Town Supervisor Bohan via e-mail and he said the law already passed and the newspaper was late on publishing the story. i am not sure if they are going to crack down hard on the black dirt and lake ann or if they will simply patrol the problem spots like where people are complaining.

maska
06-21-2009, 10:15 AM
yea man.. maybrook has been busted for awhile know..... thise trails are in washingtonville ny.. where i ride.... where are you from?...
you got places to ride by you ?

I'm in Beacon. We have some decent trails. Fun for an hour or 2. I am going to check out this place behing Brewster Ice rink this weekend. I hear it's good and you wont get your stones broken. We'll see.

tony400ex
06-21-2009, 02:03 PM
the planning board is going this week for the trails in washingtonville. .. they didnt pass anything yet , and for the cops they can have fun trying to catch me ... thye brak the law just as bad as we do if not more...
yea i heard about the place in brewster behind the rink , but i havnt been there yet.
im from monroe

djunity
06-21-2009, 03:54 PM
the planning board is going this week for the trails in washingtonville. .. they didnt pass anything yet , and for the cops they can have fun trying to catch me ... thye brak the law just as bad as we do if not more...
yea i heard about the place in brewster behind the rink , but i havnt been there yet.
im from monroe

so was he lying? i am trying to understand where this law is at.

djunity
06-21-2009, 04:20 PM
and i quote...

"As usual the Times Herald Record is a day late, dollar short, etc.

The Town adopted the ATV Law at a Public Hearing on June
8th. You can pick up a copy at the Town Clerks office at your leisure."

this was from the e-mail exchange.

also, i really don't feel like having to look 100 yards ahead of me at all times to see if a police officer is waiting there for me. i enjoy being out there and not having to worry about things like that. it honestly removes the feeling of enjoyment.

tony400ex
06-21-2009, 07:21 PM
they couldnt of passed anything yet... since it was only in the newspaper on the 16th about the atvs in bloominggrove.... and thats partof rideing looking ahead , cause 90% of the trails are not permited to ride on ..... you ride with the knowing of treaspasing, and to get tickets if you get caught

djunity
06-22-2009, 05:44 AM
well i went down to Blooming Grove Town Hall and got a copy of the law, so i will assume it did pass and is in effect.

tony400ex
06-22-2009, 02:04 PM
but you still dont understand...there is no legal rideing at all around here... you ride at ur own risk of knowing ur gonna be chased/ caught....... you will get away if ur good, but if ur slow or have a garbage quad you will get caught by bloominggrove,dec and the state police..

djunity
06-22-2009, 03:04 PM
i understand there is no legal riding but that was not the point. you said the law did not get passed and was to be passed tonight. this was not true and the law has already been passed.

bottom line, even though it was illegal to ride in most places i never had a problem. i have been riding the black dirt for 3 years and never had an issue. now the heat is coming down and there might be issues.

tony400ex
06-22-2009, 03:42 PM
im not gonna argue about this.. but i talked to my buddy , who is a washingtonville cop, that also rides with me... he also told me the town is still argueing the fact of the law, cause the town is voteing on it... they had one vote and they couldnt come up with a decision... what he had to say to me was they are trying to bann all use of atvs/utv/ side by sides in the village of bloomggrove and town of washingtonville, due to the utv/4 wheel drives leaving huge deep ruts on peoples land.....
the black dirts they cant do anything about cause that is mta grounds they have no control of that .
and as for lake ann.... the jeweish guy that owns the land doenst care if we ride there, the cops come in and they get sprayed with mudd

djunity
06-22-2009, 04:26 PM
maybe we are talking about different black dirt? i don't really feel like going into much more detail about it.

...and as far as the law goes, did your cop friend specify town of blooming grove or village of Washingtonville?

Tony, i don't know you and i am not trying to argue about it but when you say things like "they get sprayed with mudd" it seems to me its people like you that help create the problem that makes laws such as this one come up.

if you know the town is going to bring this issue up tonight at town hall...are you going to voice your opinion?

tony400ex
06-22-2009, 05:08 PM
the cops come on the private land and there not called they dont belong there.... there are plenty of guys they will spray the cops with mudd......