PDA

View Full Version : clutch basket and or clutch up grade

rigger
06-14-2009, 06:09 AM
Getting around to tearing my motor down to see what I really have for one for my project R.

The clutch basket is worn pretty good. Nothing that I can not file out but I was wondering if or what the clutch up grades are that I have heard a little about?

I would like to put a new basket in it but I do not think that funds are going to allow that right now. If anybody has a really good basket they might want to get rid of cheap then let me know. Other wise I will probably file this one down and ride on for now.

Or would a newer CR basket work for it?

Thanks

leager-n-ky
06-14-2009, 06:18 AM
I have an extra Hinson basket.

250r__Ice
06-14-2009, 12:07 PM
I wouldnt file on it. I did that one time and had the clutch basket literally explode. Had to tear into it to get all the metal out. Ripped all the fingers off the clutch basket. Lucky it didnt mess anthying else up. I would go with a new basket or a good used one. I was like you tring to save a buck because I was short on funds. Cost me more in the long run. Good luck.

revman
06-14-2009, 07:25 PM
i just got a vortex billet basket from i believe his name is redred55. it was shipped in a couple days. great guy to do business with.