PDA

View Full Version : broken piston ......

ranger505
06-13-2009, 09:07 PM
i have a 2000 banshee and it was running fine its stock with a cool head and fmf pipes i i was riding and it lost power it died out and i started it and it had no power and was back firing. i checked the reeds and they were fine so i took the head off and there was a small piece aluminuim on the piston. the piston was broke on the bottom the top wasent cracked or broke just pitted any ideas what caused that the rod has smaal play i dont know if to replace the crank or just put new pistons i dont have that much money so the less i spend the better but i want it fixed right. any help would help thanks

Rptr660rkills
06-14-2009, 09:04 AM
well as far as your description goes you will probably need to bore to the next size up or several depending on the damage. the crank rod will and should have side to side play. see if the rod goes up and down, if it has up and down play then you will need new crank bearings. also when a piston grenades like that it sends schrapnel through your motor which chunks will get into your crank, not good, so its not looking good bro, its not junk but will take some time an money to get it right.

Mikeman1
06-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Yeas,that's correct,fix it right or it will happen again soon.