PDA

View Full Version : Farm Bureau Insurance

TWISTED
06-13-2009, 06:00 PM
I was with them from the time I started driving in '86 til '07... I was told that they wouldn't renew my policy because I have a MX track on my property........ I was lucky enough to hook up with another company who offered a better policy....... The reason behind my rant is I'm sitting here watching the Mt. Morris bike national and they're interviewing Josh Grant, and who is one of JGR's sponsors????? Farm Bureau.......... Just wanted everbody to know that before they contacted them for quotes...... Hypocrites..... Liberty Mutual are GREAT to deal with if anyone's interested.......

Premis
06-13-2009, 08:33 PM
By law, an insurance company can cancel a home owners policy if an increase in hazard is added to the property or the information about the hazard was withheld during the application process (material misrepresentation). I'm guessing one of these fits into your situation.

If you withheld the same information from Liberty Mutual they will cancel your policy, or worse, refuse to pay a settlement based on the increased hazard. It is always better to be up front with your insurance company.

TWISTED
06-13-2009, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Premis
By law, an insurance company can cancel a home owners policy if an increase in hazard is added to the property or the information about the hazard was withheld during the application process (material misrepresentation). I'm guessing one of these fits into your situation.

If you withheld the same information from Liberty Mutual they will cancel your policy, or worse, refuse to pay a settlement based on the increased hazard. It is always better to be up front with your insurance company.

Nothing was withheld at all..... Had my original agent from Farm Bureau there, and they took pics to have on file.... When they switched agents in my region is when the whole thing went to poop... When I contacted Liberty, I was up front with them over the phone, and they said it was fine, but I insisted they come out to my place to see what was going on..... Needless to say they were fine with everything.... Plus as far as Farm Bureau is concerned, the track was there four years prior to my home being built on the property... The other funny thing was that they said they even tried to get Lords of London to cover it and they declined saying it was far to risky...... I say it was BS..... Needless to say I'm very tickled with Liberty.....