PDA

View Full Version : Minor "incident" today while riding, need some advice.........lol

Youngblood
06-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Hey fellas, I was riding today and went to powerslide around a tight turn, a turn that I'd taken several times today, and the rears hooked and sent me a little wide and my right front tire tagged a small tree trunk, I probably hit it at maybe 5 mph tops, got off checked her out and the right tire looked pushed out from a straight line a little. I shrugged it off seeing as I was on unlevel ground and kept riding. Came home and put her in the shed and the right tire is definetly pushed back out from straight when the bars are straight. The a arms look straight as well as the tie rod. Nothing looks out of whack from just looking at it but something definetly got moved out of line. Any ideas guys? Do I just adjust the tie rod so the wheel is back in line and thats that? The wheel is sitting plumb like the left wheel so that seems fine

Youngblood
06-13-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm sure it's not possible but it's almost like something stretched

bigd's ex
06-13-2009, 08:47 PM
That exact same thing happened to me last week, except it was the left front. Hit an invisable root sticking out of the side of the trail. LOL. No bent a arm or tie rod either. The only thing I could figure is the knuckle may have bent alittle. I ended up readjusting the tie rod. Everything looks ok & seems to run fine.

Youngblood
06-13-2009, 08:56 PM
LOL......I hopped off and was like son of a *****, I literally hit it at 5mph, I guess I'll adjust the tie rod and hope for the best........It's just gonna piss me off that it's tweaked ever so slightly......I got issues so whatever it is will probably be replaced sooner than later wether its a huge deal or not just for my sanity......LOL.....

Youngblood
06-13-2009, 08:58 PM
...and I know I'm carrying a few extra lbs now and days but *******....LOL......

Youngblood
06-13-2009, 09:01 PM
hey Donnie, any chance you got nerfs on your ex? Im trying to find a decent company without spending major dough, just tryin to get peoples feedback

bigd's ex
06-13-2009, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Youngblood
hey Donnie, any chance you got nerfs on your ex? Im trying to find a decent company without spending major dough, just tryin to get peoples feedback

Just put on a set of Pro Armor sport series a couple weeks ago. So far I like em. Got them from Dennin Kirk.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=517339&store=Main&catId=&productId=p517344&leafCatId=&mmyId=

Youngblood
06-13-2009, 09:30 PM
Goodstuff, thanks for the info D!!

bigd's ex
06-14-2009, 12:21 AM
No problem.

uchi
06-14-2009, 09:00 AM
i had the same thing happen, except i was riding through some tall grass slow and hit a rut that cranked the bars to the side and now a wheel sticks in a bit. but everything looks straight.