PDA

View Full Version : axle bearings repalcement

vincentmk69
06-13-2009, 08:51 AM
i just bough new axle bearings and a guy told me that i have 2 take the inner race out of my carrier because i didnt get the cone shaped one they r the sealed ones n i have no i dead how to get that out or these ones in i ahve my axel out an aeverything can any1 help???

riotact
06-13-2009, 10:39 AM
You have the right bearings it should already have sealed bearings in it.Is it the stock carrier?I've never heard of having cone shaped bearings in a carrier.Just heat your carrier up a little and the old bearings will come out.Make sure you dont get it to hot if you use a torch.Putting it in the oven on its lowest temp for 5-10 min is the best way to go and if you put your new bearings in the freezer for a bit the new ones will drop right in when the carrier is still warm.This is how I did mine last weekend.

vincentmk69
06-13-2009, 03:06 PM
thank u i got them things out idk what the guy who had this b4 was doin but now i have a nother problemm the carrier is 2 large 4 the bearings i bought bearings n seals off ebay n they seem 2 be to big is there something else i need 2 by ?

hondaking52
06-14-2009, 07:34 AM
chances are you bought the wrong ones, is it the stock carrier?, and the cone shaped bearings are called tapered bearings and require a new carrier.