PDA

View Full Version : going to buy a new helmet and neck brace

BakerRacing40
06-13-2009, 02:23 AM
well i've been doing some searching and yesterday i went around to every shop in town trying on helmets. ':confused:' i'm pretty much dead set on getting the leatt brace and i'm still undecided on the helmet... i have always used hjc and trust them, i like thier spx helmets and it fits good, but a mid range helmet. nobody in town had the ac-x3, the carbon fiber one. i also tried on the shoei sabre and liked it too, just don't if the design of the shell on the back will interfere with the leatt brace? i will spend money on my safety, so just wondering what helmets i might be looking over that are great helmets that will save my melon if i decide to take a soil sample at the track (or where ever i'm at) lol ':p'

quad2xtreme
06-13-2009, 07:01 AM
I would seriously consider this HJC Carbon Fiber helmet if I were you. It is an extremely light helmet...right at 3 lbs in a large weighed on a postal scale. Many of the other helmets that are supposed to be this light aren't.

This helmet sells for $400 at most dealerships...it isn't even close to being this cheap from RM or motosport.

I have 2 of these helmets - one plain and now one with black graphics on it. I just purchased one from this company off ebay a month or so ago. It was straight forward transaction and arrived in 3-5 days.

I do wish it came in a more colorful option but I guess you never get everything you want.

Link to ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HJC-ACX3-AC-X3-CARBON-TITAN-Motorcycle-Helmet-NEW-LARGE_W0QQitemZ170343899484QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAppa rel_Merchandise?hash=item27a949a15c&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1171%7C240%3A131 8)

06-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
I would seriously consider this HJC Carbon Fiber helmet if I were you. It is an extremely light helmet...right at 3 lbs in a large weighed on a postal scale. Many of the other helmets that are supposed to be this light aren't.

This helmet sells for $400 at most dealerships...it isn't even close to being this cheap from RM or motosport.

I have 2 of these helmets - one plain and now one with black graphics on it. I just purchased one from this company off ebay a month or so ago. It was straight forward transaction and arrived in 3-5 days.

I do wish it came in a more colorful option but I guess you never get everything you want.

Link to ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HJC-ACX3-AC-X3-CARBON-TITAN-Motorcycle-Helmet-NEW-LARGE_W0QQitemZ170343899484QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAppa rel_Merchandise?hash=item27a949a15c&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1171%7C240%3A131 8)

I've been wanting one of those for a while but couldn't justify $400... But I just ordered one from that link. Thanks for the find. ;)

LTRracer4
06-13-2009, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by BakerRacing40
well i've been doing some searching and yesterday i went around to every shop in town trying on helmets. ':confused:' i'm pretty much dead set on getting the leatt brace and i'm still undecided on the helmet... i have always used hjc and trust them, i like thier spx helmets and it fits good, but a mid range helmet. nobody in town had the ac-x3, the carbon fiber one. i also tried on the shoei sabre and liked it too, just don't if the design of the shell on the back will interfere with the leatt brace? i will spend money on my safety, so just wondering what helmets i might be looking over that are great helmets that will save my melon if i decide to take a soil sample at the track (or where ever i'm at) lol ':p'

The new design on the shoei's is made to help maximize the protective capabilities of the popular neck braces.

quad2xtreme
06-13-2009, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Nova
I've been wanting one of those for a while but couldn't justify $400... But I just ordered one from that link. Thanks for the find. ;)

Your welcome. I quickly ordered another for myself too. Only 9 left in size L.

BakerRacing40
06-13-2009, 11:53 PM
that's a sweet deal. i just wish i could try it on first.. but i don't know that i can pass this deal by..

blakefoote
06-14-2009, 08:02 AM
What leatt you wantin to get? the 195$ one 395 one or 595 one

BakerRacing40
06-14-2009, 03:20 PM
i'm going to be gettin the 395 one but i'm gettin a deal on it at the dealership i go through