PDA

View Full Version : DVX 400 = LTZ400 with different plastics?

Punkmaster Flex
06-12-2009, 08:05 PM
I'm looking for a 400 and well 400EX are cool but if I want to go big bore and all the air cooled engine might not like it.

I'm thinking about getting a Z / KFX / DVX. I know they are in the same section but are they 100% identical apart from the body? The Z400 is pretty much bullet proof so if you tell me the DVX400 is a grand cheaper only because its an Artic Cat yet still has the same engine, I'll be quite happy lol. :D

knoxville9
06-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Same besides the plastic and seat.

Punkmaster Flex
06-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Awesome you just made me choose my next bike. Thanks! :)

RTJ
06-13-2009, 12:13 AM
my kfx400 has a tag on it MADE BY SUZUKI MOTOR CO. i bet the dvx does too somewhere

dvx304racer
06-13-2009, 09:56 AM
ya i got a dvx and its the same as my friends kfx and z400 just I have different plastics and a seat but the motor and everything else is the same

twincat800
06-14-2009, 11:41 AM
knock on wood, i havent had any problems with my dvx.

airmobile101
06-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by kawiracerj
in my experience it seems that the dvx's are not as reliable.i know what your gonna say they all came from same assembly line right? wrong,they are similar in apearance but came from completely diff factory.dont have any proof to back my statement but in my opinion the dvx is junky made.but then again so is the z and kfx until you spend some time tweaking things until it works!! so if you are buying a new bike i guess just be happy you can afford a new one in this economy.
Your kidding, right???

twincat800
06-15-2009, 07:38 AM
i guess you are kinda right airmobile haha... cuz they have identical parts throughout the machine... y would they be built different or anything like that???

Z400ofDE
06-19-2009, 07:38 PM
in my experience it seems that the dvx's are not as reliable.i know what your gonna say they all came from same assembly line right? wrong,they are similar in apearance but came from completely diff factory.dont have any proof to back my statement but in my opinion the dvx is junky made.but then again so is the z and kfx until you spend some time tweaking things until it works!! so if you are buying a new bike i guess just be happy you can afford a new one in this economy.

Are you Cereal? lol

DortonRacing
06-23-2009, 08:03 PM

He is right, didnt you know that had different plants for the different colors also thats why the yellow is so much faster :rolleyes: If you honestly think that your a ****ing idiot!

destey
08-22-2009, 07:22 AM
It was my understanding they had different chokes on the dvx/ltz/kfx

And some brands came with electric and some had manual, and maybe some had electric+manual. Like the kfx only came in electric and the ltz had manuals start + electric.... or something like that

yfzrider690
08-22-2009, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by destey
It was my understanding they had different chokes on the dvx/ltz/kfx

And some brands came with electric and some had manual, and maybe some had electric+manual. Like the kfx only came in electric and the ltz had manuals start + electric.... or something like that

Well you are misunderstood. All of these quads are identical. And none of them have a manual start, they are all electric. I have a ltz400 and it is only electric, no kick starter.