PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Title

BamBam21
06-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Looking to buy a 2005 450r and the owner doesn't have the title, says his friend he bought it from lost it, ( do i believe him I Dont know). is there anyway to get another?? I spoke to the local dealer they say anything over a year old, it can't be done. Any one have any suggestions??

Thanks Bb

wykyd450R
06-12-2009, 06:16 PM
It's possible the financing company still has the title, and the original purchaser sold it without paying it off first. If this is the case, and they are trying to repo it, they will take it from you if they ever find it. Then again, it may be paid off. I'd try to find out, and if its paid off, I'd get a bill of sale from the seller.

jkiserracing
06-12-2009, 07:45 PM
I bought my last 3 atvs with just a bill of sale....01 400ex then a 04 450r and then an 06 ltr450.......it seems that after a few years of age no one seems to keep up with them because I guess they dont think they are as important as maybe a car title....anyway if you find an atv you like with no title (and seeing this ones an 05 I wouldnt worry since it has some age on it) just have them (or you) to make up a bill of sale WITH the vin number. If you want to make it a little more official, buyer and seller can sign the bill of sale in front of a notary and then they can noterize it. A person who is a notary public can be found at most banks or even shipping stores like ups store or pak mail etc.

hondaracing_13
06-17-2009, 09:48 AM
You may go to your local tag office and tell them you would like to register the atv and pay the taxs on it (not really) and they should be able to tell you if there is a lean on the title. If so then just make a bill of sale and be done with it.

2001trx400ex
06-17-2009, 11:11 PM
you can go to your local secretary of state and apply for a new title for cheap i had to do that for my old dirtbike and its pretty cheap to hope that helps!!!