PDA

View Full Version : GYTR or NCVQ needle

stumpy
06-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Just installed Sparks intake, MSR fuel screw, Sparks TPS bypass plug and HMF slip on. Bike as a hestitation and some snapping once I whack throttle from 1/4. Looks like I need a needle. Does it matter which one? Bike is an 08 with non-adjust needle.
Also should I do the zip tie mod to close up the accel pump gap?

daddio
06-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Both needles are the same.

michealwall
06-12-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by stumpy
Just installed Sparks intake, MSR fuel screw, Sparks TPS bypass plug and HMF slip on. Bike as a hestitation and some snapping once I whack throttle from 1/4. Looks like I need a needle. Does it matter which one? Bike is an 08 with non-adjust needle.
Also should I do the zip tie mod to close up the accel pump gap? Definitely do the zip tie or find the spring mod. I did mine with safety wire just to see how it would work and it works great. One day I will do the spring or buy the R&D pump cover, I think it comes with a modified spring.

moshachusetts
06-14-2009, 08:25 PM
i bought the softer spring and it was well worth the money,however you need to do the zip tie mod with it as the throttle becomes so soft that if you snap it it will bog out. but once that zip tie is on there it screams.

stumpy
06-14-2009, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the responses. I got the GYTR needle.
Current set at 2nd clip from top, 48 pilot, 175 main. Still has some stubble at half throttle (while holding trottle steady). At 3/4 the rpms come up but feels like its not pulling. 175 should be fine on main. Thinking the needle may not be pulling high enough out of the main. So going to try the 45 pilot then move needle to 4th clip. Then maybe zip tie...

yfzrider690
06-17-2009, 09:55 PM
I would leave the pilot jet where you have it. I would bump the main down to a 170 or 172 and move the clip on the needle to the 3rd or 4th clip down from the top and see how it runs. It sounds like you are lean in the mid range.