PDA

View Full Version : sprint phones

gcart2
06-11-2009, 04:42 PM
my mother left me a message the other day while i was at work. she said "hey sam when you get home i need u to take the duramax and hook it up to the trailer. there is a lot of **** loaded up on it. i need you to go dump it somewhere. i will get you a new phone and give you thirty bucks if you do it".

i was like hell yea. the duramax is bad ***. it has the whole banks kit and is the 6.6, it flys. plus driving down the road and dumping some stuff off a trailer is easy as hell.

my mom never buys me stuff lol. my little sister is livin it up lol. anyways back on subject, i have limited myself to these four phones.

rumor 2
blackberry curve
centro by palm
samsung instinct s 30.

i really want a 2.0 megapixel camera which they all have except palm and rumor 2.

i am really rough on them, i always have it in my pocket while im washing, servicing, and loading semis (my job).

o and i text a lot lol. i love the keyboard.

im moving up from a rumor 1.

matt14c
06-11-2009, 05:06 PM
The instinct isnt for you if your rough on phones. I bought my fionce one last year when they came out and it just mainly sits in her purse and its pretty trashed. Its really hard to type or do anything also the keyboard is really small even for her girl fingers let alone a guy. Thats the only one I know about.

gcart2
06-11-2009, 05:10 PM
thanks for the input
:macho

RIDEREDson
06-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Only one I know about is the PALM Centro. All I can say is DONT get one of those either.

gcart2
06-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by RIDEREDson
Only one I know about is the PALM Centro. All I can say is DONT get one of those either.

care to explain why

k4f5x0r
06-11-2009, 06:02 PM
my friend has the palm and its really nothing special. its too small and the keyboard is hard to type with.

i vote for staying away from full touchscreen phones. theyre all nice and special at first but after a while they get really annoying. i text alot and my LG vu gets really annoying. i love it for everything else though.

gcart2
06-11-2009, 06:44 PM
im leaning torwards the blackberry. who has it?

whats so good about it?

can i get on the internet/myspace from it?

06-11-2009, 08:37 PM
i have the new rumor 2. good phone pretty much the same as the rant. just doesnt freeze like my old rant did. u can get on the internet and stuff on it to. takes really clear pics to. like i have never seen a phone cam take this good of a pic. its pretty small to. i like it

XCRacer236
06-11-2009, 09:38 PM
the Curve 8900 is your best bet. do some research on all the phones and you'll find out fast why.

kyledvor61
06-11-2009, 09:46 PM
parents and there friends have the curve and love it.

YZ400EX
06-11-2009, 10:20 PM
I work for Sprint and I can give you an honest opinion and facts about pros/cons with each phone as I deal with each of them every day.

Samsung Instinct: Pure junk. We replace at least 5 of these per day. The M800 model has been discontinued and replaced with the M810 (S30). Doesnt seem to be as bad.. Samsung has worked out most of the bugs between the 2.

Palm Centro: Not too bad of a phone. Not many complaints or replacements, but the original model has been discontinued and replaced with some refreshed models which are basically the same, but different color. The Centro will be discontinued shortly.

LG Rumor 2: Has not been out long, much better than the original Rumor and have not heard many complaints. The downfall is it does not support EVDO (highspeed internet), so internet speeds would be only 1X and slow for this phone.

Blackberry 8330 (Curve): Good phone, not many complaints, but there are a few replacements of this device every so often. Downfall to this phone is the cost of the data plan for it. Depending on what plan you guys are on, the Data plan for this phone could cost you either $30 or $39.99 depending on what you are needing with the data plan. If you are on one of the newer plans though, the data pack would be included in your price.

If it were me, I wouldnt go with any of these phone.. If you can, hold off on getting a new phone for a little bit.. Sprint is coming out with some new phones very shortly. (Blackberry, Samsung, and HTC. Possibly more) I would wait and get one of the new phones. Any of them will be much better than any of the 4 you have listed so far.

Hope this helps a little with your decision. :D

Bryson#221
06-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Blackberry's are for businessmen and SoCal chicks. Go for the Palm :devil:

I love mine!

gcart2
06-12-2009, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by YZ400EX
I work for Sprint and I can give you an honest opinion and facts about pros/cons with each phone as I deal with each of them every day.

Samsung Instinct: Pure junk. We replace at least 5 of these per day. The M800 model has been discontinued and replaced with the M810 (S30). Doesnt seem to be as bad.. Samsung has worked out most of the bugs between the 2.

Palm Centro: Not too bad of a phone. Not many complaints or replacements, but the original model has been discontinued and replaced with some refreshed models which are basically the same, but different color. The Centro will be discontinued shortly.

LG Rumor 2: Has not been out long, much better than the original Rumor and have not heard many complaints. The downfall is it does not support EVDO (highspeed internet), so internet speeds would be only 1X and slow for this phone.

Blackberry 8330 (Curve): Good phone, not many complaints, but there are a few replacements of this device every so often. Downfall to this phone is the cost of the data plan for it. Depending on what plan you guys are on, the Data plan for this phone could cost you either $30 or $39.99 depending on what you are needing with the data plan. If you are on one of the newer plans though, the data pack would be included in your price.

If it were me, I wouldnt go with any of these phone.. If you can, hold off on getting a new phone for a little bit.. Sprint is coming out with some new phones very shortly. (Blackberry, Samsung, and HTC. Possibly more) I would wait and get one of the new phones. Any of them will be much better than any of the 4 you have listed so far.

Hope this helps a little with your decision. :D

thanks a lot, the reason i have selected these are because they were cheaper phones. i dont think i new phone is within my price range.

ryansblaster
06-12-2009, 09:50 PM
my friend bought the curve last week and he loves it.

YZ400EX
06-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by gcart2
thanks a lot, the reason i have selected these are because they were cheaper phones. i dont think i new phone is within my price range.

These phones are not going to be any cheaper than the new phones coming out because unless you are eligible for an upgrade and sign a new 2 year commitment, you will be paying full price no matter what phone you get. ;) The cheap prices you see on the phones is only for eligible lines of service and requires a 2 year service agreement.

powermadd400ex
06-12-2009, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Bryson#221
Blackberry's are for businessmen and SoCal chicks. Go for the Palm :devil:

I love mine!
x2!
i love my centro, pretty tough phone.

gcart2
06-13-2009, 06:51 AM
These phones are not going to be any cheaper than the new phones coming out because unless you are eligible for an upgrade and sign a new 2 year commitment, you will be paying full price no matter what phone you get. ;) The cheap prices you see on the phones is only for eligible lines of service and requires a 2 year service agreement.

your wrong.

extremeblastr
06-13-2009, 07:00 AM
your wrong.

sprint is no differnt from any other phone company, if your line is not eligible for an upgrade and you are not signing a new agreement then your phone will be full price, which is never cheap unless its a piece of crap flip phone with no features.

gcart2
06-13-2009, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
sprint is no differnt from any other phone company, if your line is not eligible for an upgrade and you are not signing a new agreement then your phone will be full price, which is never cheap unless its a piece of crap flip phone with no features.

my phone is eligible for an upgrade....

extremeblastr
06-13-2009, 07:12 AM
well then nobody was wrong we were just making sure you were aware of how that works, now if you hold off the new phones coming out will most likely be within $50 of the ones your looking at now

YZ400EX
06-13-2009, 07:28 AM
your wrong.

Are you serious?? How do you figure?? As I stated, I work for the company and I have for a VERY long time.. I promise you, I am not wrong

If your phone is eligible for upgrade you have to sign a new 2 year commitment or you will be paying full price for whatever phone it is you want if you are purchasing the phone new. No way around this. The phones you mentioned are all on their way out (discontinued) with the exception of the Rumor. This is the reasoning for the cheap pricing. The rumor is cheap just because its basically the lowest end model phone sprint offers. The reason I say wait and get the new phones is because the price will be comparable (slightly more, not much), but the phones will be new technology and brand new.. Why waste your money on something that is either discontinued already or will be within the next month or so? Makes no sense.

gcart2
06-13-2009, 08:02 AM
Are you serious?? How do you figure?? As I stated, I work for the company and I have for a VERY long time.. I promise you, I am not wrong

If your phone is eligible for upgrade you have to sign a new 2 year commitment or you will be paying full price for whatever phone it is you want if you are purchasing the phone new. No way around this. The phones you mentioned are all on their way out (discontinued) with the exception of the Rumor. This is the reasoning for the cheap pricing. The rumor is cheap just because its basically the lowest end model phone sprint offers. The reason I say wait and get the new phones is because the price will be comparable (slightly more, not much), but the phones will be new technology and brand new.. Why waste your money on something that is either discontinued already or will be within the next month or so? Makes no sense.

o i am sorry, i must have misread your original post. I thought you were saying that even though my phone is do for an upgrade i will have to pay full price. i apologize. :o