PDA

View Full Version : zrpilots 450r adaptor

honda400-4-ever
06-11-2009, 04:22 PM
how well did u guys like it. after installing what else do u a have to do to install the carb??

matt14c
06-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Havent had my bike put together yet since acquiring but I have dry fit all the carb parts and boots and from what I can tell it made things ALOT easier. Plus I guess the major benefit is not having to move your air box closer which I havent got to yet. The other things you have to do is cut the one wire off I think for the TPS, remove hot start cable and plug hot start, I removed the choke lever because most have said you dont need it and I never needed the choke with either the stock carb or the fcr 39, and then you have to plug one vent hole and drill a new right above it. You will need the 450r throttle cable and it helps to have the 450r fuel line. If you look at Zrpilots sticky thread at the top of the 400ex page it walks you through everything and if any questions after that from what I have seen he is on here regularly to answer just about all questions you may have.

Zeb400EX
06-12-2009, 12:28 AM
The adapter pretty nice. Its really easy to use and it makes everything look alot cleaner. Almost looks factory. I didn't take the choke lever off at first, but I had to take of cause it wore a hole in the fuel line. I never had to use it anyway.

06-12-2009, 01:14 AM
just wondering why nobody is shortening the intake boot or bolting the filter to the carb and making a box or it?

bbender85
06-12-2009, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
just wondering why nobody is shortening the intake boot or bolting the filter to the carb and making a box or it?

or i found a carb spacer used on ebay for next to nothing, and that put the carb right back to the boot again.