PDA

View Full Version : My latest "experience" Pro, crash, hospital

fastredrider44
06-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Let me start by saying I race XC. Hitting trees in 2nd or 3rd gear is a different animal that hittin the deck at a significant amount of speed.

I was racing "Quad Wars" this weekend for Monster Jam in Calvert City. We had an autograph session alongside the monster trucks. It was neat for kids wanting our autographs, and really feeling special that we let them sit on our fourwheelers. So for flat trackin, I put some wheel spacers in the front.

I raced all night Fri and coming onto the track on Sat for the main, (after practice and 2 heats) I made a mistake. I don't know what I did, or how fast I was going, but I ate it. Ended up going to the hospital Sunday afternoon to get some scans and x-rays. No broke bones, but was glad to hear the bleeding stopped in my head. I had a pretty good concussion. I'm missing a lot of skin, and have a lot of mean bruises. I did have on full race gear.

Here's my bike at the moment. Broken rear shock, grab bar, bent subframe, busted air box, bent rear hubs, bent axle, bent steering stem, bent handlebars, busted killswitch, and bent both tie rods.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc281/fastredrider44/100_0115.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc281/fastredrider44/100_0114.jpg

300extreme#8
06-11-2009, 09:58 AM
sorry to hear about your accident. I've had many like them hahaha. But I would say your first mistake was racing a XC bike on a TT course, thats kinda asking for it. But idk the whole situation. So Hope you get feeling better and take it easy for awhile, concussions are serious. I've had 3, DR told me if I have anymore serious ones then I prolly wont be on the same mental level as I was before. So I quit.

motohanks
06-11-2009, 10:07 AM
ouch dude, that sucks. I guessing that the ground wasn't very soft at all. My first bad crash this year took me a few days to figure out what happened. Luckily all that i had was a bruised toe and maybe a slight concussion. I was just going down a straight and all of a sudden i was getting drilled into the ground by my quad. I eventually figured out that the back end kicked out a few inches and then caught as i was shifting into fourth. I just wish that i could have seen the acrobatics that my quad did instead of having my head buried in the dirt.

fastredrider44
06-11-2009, 10:08 AM
It was for fun. Anyone who has seen quad wars knows you don't have to have a TT bike to race. LOL. But the funny thing was I was going to the starting line when it happened. So I hit the ground, in front of several thousand people. That'll make you feel bout an inch tall. I feel ok now, still stiff, but I'm prolly gonna have another headache when I get the bill from the hospital. (I dont have health insurance:o Its on my to do list now)

Scro
06-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Damn that sucks. Hope everything heals up fast - you and the quad.

On a lighter note...I wish I was there to see that one:p

hondariderdylan
06-11-2009, 11:01 AM
ouch, that sucks

you might be able to salvage that grab bar, bend the handlebars back,and maybe the stem

the rest you can replace and upgrade

are you running 22 inch back tires or do they just look big becuase of the lack of rear shock?

hope you are back ready to ride ASAP

scuzz
06-11-2009, 11:16 AM
I had a buddy do the "quad wars" thing with hims and his son. I think they got paid $600 for three shows. After the three shows they had done more than $1500 dollars worth of damage to their quads.

fastredrider44
06-11-2009, 12:05 PM
20 inch rears, 21 fronts

Yeah, I'm still stiff, but I rode the KTM a little bit yesterday.:)

Quad should start healing up before too long. Expecting a couple of packages already. :devil:

fastredrider44
06-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Had her slicked up for the youngin's too.:mad:

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc281/fastredrider44/2-1.jpg

hondariderdylan
06-11-2009, 12:38 PM
:eek2: thats really dam clean!

Scro
06-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by hondariderdylan
:eek2: thats really dam clean!

x2 Looks good when it's not beat all to hell and back.:D

beaker1214
06-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Dang that is slick looking...prolly gave it some gas and slid off the seat from all the armor all on there, haha. Glad to hear your ok...Stuff happens just gotta get up and go at it again

MX MaNiAc 06
06-11-2009, 02:56 PM
2nd picture makes me smile. 1st picture makes me cringe..