PDA

View Full Version : New Look For My Led Built Cpi 310 Pv

jhtrx250r
06-10-2009, 11:56 PM
Just had the final touches done by Arlan Lehman at LED performance
He worked his magic on the CPI sphinx 310 PV and wow!
this thing hauls
I was at Florence last weekend and it pulled up the front end with ease in all gears at speeds way too fast to have the front end off the ground
Every hill I climbed I could just keep up shifting but by time you hit 4th or 5th wide open up hill it get a little scary
when I first got the CPI cylinder I was a little bumbed at the lack of low end but on the top they pull like a cheetah cub banshee (same manufacture)
So Arlan changed the port timing and reworked the transfers and wala! low end!
He just sent a guy out with the same set up on his drag 3 wheeler I cant wait to here how his trip to Winchester bay was.
LED also rebuilt my peps shocks
Now the old R is out kicking @$$ and taking names again
built 4 strokes are no problem anymore

jhtrx250r
06-10-2009, 11:57 PM
front view

jhtrx250r
06-10-2009, 11:59 PM
motor 1

jhtrx250r
06-10-2009, 11:59 PM
motor 2

jhtrx250r
06-11-2009, 12:01 AM
side

jhtrx250r
06-11-2009, 12:02 AM
rear

Buttermilk
06-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Put that thing on a dyno and let us know what you got. :)

What bore and stroke are you running?

jhtrx250r
06-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Befor the report and larger carb I had a 38 a/s, know running a (taperboared pollished 40mm pwk)
it had 53 at the rear wheels, know it feels like much more but only the dyno will tell, it will be a while befor I can get it back there to many trips in the future.
I am hoping the trans will hold up LOL.

06-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by jhtrx250r
Befor the report and larger carb I had a 38 a/s, know running a (taperboared pollished 40mm pwk)
it had 53 at the rear wheels, know it feels like much more but only the dyno will tell, it will be a while befor I can get it back there to many trips in the future.
I am hoping the trans will hold up LOL.

The important thing is he put the power where you want it when he re-ported it. The curve is often more important than peak hp. Just my two cents. Nice 250R.

norcalduner
06-11-2009, 07:57 PM
How much is did the pv cylinder alone costs ?

jhtrx250r
06-11-2009, 11:45 PM
I would call arlan at LED he has them with PV or with out

you can get his # off the web

www.ledperformanceengines.com

jhtrx250r
06-11-2009, 11:49 PM
Tuneing the power valve was also part of the report he reshaped the transfers and changed the spring tension of the power valve along with lowering port timing by machining the base of the cylinder

mxduner
06-12-2009, 11:58 PM
It's about time we heard a report on the sphinx p.v's! Great to hear arlen has still got it. I wonder what he did to gain the extra bottom end???

jhtrx250r
06-13-2009, 10:33 AM
I think I already posted that, He reshaped the transfers to his stlyle and machined the base of the cylinder to lower port timing.
Then reshaped the dome in the head.

He will port them however you want it, the other guy I know that has one has his set up for all top and drag races it.

mxduner
06-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Yea you did, i was just excited that i over read the post you added.lol
A new dyno graph and a old one before the spring and reshape would be nice to see.Like stated before i look at the graphs for where the power comes on and it's spread. Peak h.p. is only for bragging rights imo. Thats just coming from a mx'r not a all out dragger

hondamancbr03
06-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by mxduner
Yea you did, i was just excited that i over read the post you added.lol
A new dyno graph and a old one before the spring and reshape would be nice to see.Like stated before i look at the graphs for where the power comes on and it's spread. Peak h.p. is only for bragging rights imo. Thats just coming from a mx'r not a all out dragger

Can i get an AMEN!!!!! Anyone can go in a straight line:)

leager-n-ky
06-13-2009, 05:40 PM
Nice looking quad you got there.

jhtrx250r
06-13-2009, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by hondamancbr03
Can i get an AMEN!!!!! Anyone can go in a straight line:)
I couldent agree with you more, thats why I had it reported

250Renvy
06-15-2009, 04:21 PM
If you get a chance, could you post a pic of the exhaust flange. Do you use a stock exhaust flange or a special designed one? I know the Puma's or sabertooths need a special one and since you mentioned Arlen's ability to make a low end port job on that I am reconsidering the sphynx cylinder, however I need to educate myself on it a little more.

mxduner
06-16-2009, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
If you get a chance, could you post a pic of the exhaust flange. Do you use a stock exhaust flange or a special designed one? I know the Puma's or sabertooths need a special one and since you mentioned Arlen's ability to make a low end port job on that I am reconsidering the sphynx cylinder, however I need to educate myself on it a little more. I am under the impression, the stock component's fit the sphinx cylinder, but it is not mine.

I am getting curious which cylinder i would like next, esr or sphinx:confused: i suppose you cannot beat the price of a esr but the pv may not be set up correct, if it is like the older design or component they used