PDA

View Full Version : Leaving the Honda for a LTR

CrewCab
06-10-2009, 11:15 PM
Hey guys, I am considering trading in my 06 400ex for a new 08 LTR SE this weekend. They have got me a out the door price of $3300.

The 3rd gear issue on these have me a little worried. Is the ext warr worth it? The 3rd gear thing is the only reason I was considering it. I know of the billet gear fix but I would hate to have to drop that much $ on it if it should go out sooner than later.

Any advice if thats even a reason not to get the LTR? Thanks

LTR450_#67
06-11-2009, 01:04 AM
You're getting that LTR pretty cheap....I'm jealous.....other than the 3rd gear issue my '08 has been flawless.....I would just drop the cash on the billet gears.

kfx400rider03
06-11-2009, 09:16 AM
i have a 2008 ltr for a year and a couple months now. havent had any problems with 3rd gear or any of then. "knock on wood"

LTRracer4
06-11-2009, 09:25 AM
Depending on what kind of riding you do you should be fine. I got a year out of mine before i had any problems and that was racing 2 times a weekend and practicing 3 times a week. If and when it does go its not stupid expensive to fix. as long as you stop imediatley the damage will remain at a minimum and i wont be a big deal

jherbie28
06-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by CrewCab
Hey guys, I am considering trading in my 06 400ex for a new 08 LTR SE this weekend. They have got me a out the door price of $3300.

The 3rd gear issue on these have me a little worried. Is the ext warr worth it? The 3rd gear thing is the only reason I was considering it. I know of the billet gear fix but I would hate to have to drop that much $ on it if it should go out sooner than later.

Any advice if thats even a reason not to get the LTR? Thanks

yes get the extended warrenty, it will save your arse in the long run. are you financing or paying cash?

CrewCab
06-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by jherbie28
yes get the extended warrenty, it will save your arse in the long run. are you financing or paying cash?

I will be financing the balance. I am going to try and haggle them to throw in the extended warranty when I go pick it up.

Thanks for the help guys. Hopefully 3rd gear will last awhile before it needs work.