PDA

View Full Version : talk about irritated

powertechn2
06-10-2009, 10:52 PM
ok, so i am new to this forum, but belong to many other forums.

mainly fj forums, but hey, its my daily driver, so it used to get all the attention.

so, currently, i have an 01 400ex, it has had 2 tanks of fuel b4 i built it, currently, it has a +4 stroker hot rods crank, lrd spec piston to match stroker kit, 440 bore kit, cam, oversize stud kit, white bro's pro meg full race exhaust, 1mm oversize valves, valve guides replaced and shortened, 5 angle valve job, full port and polish, black diamond valves, heat coating and anti friction coating on piston, edelbrock 440 eichner series carb, larger front sprocket, k&n filter, secondary oil cooler, b cool cooler i believe, good schit either way...

last time i dyno'd it, it made 47.4 hp @95* air temp, and 33.2 lb/ft tq.

so, i hardly ride, i have only put a total of 12 gallons of fuel through this engine since building it.

i really like the polaris 525 (really 510, dunno y the eph its called a 525..)
i called a dealer yesterday, exlained and drew out a deal i had thought.....
then today, i called, told them i had my 461 ex, and that i had called the day b4, and asked for the same salesman, well, the girl said she was his assistant, i figd ok, she is his ASSISTANT... so i told her i was on my way in for the 525s in white, the 08 model, she said they still had 2, and would still be there when i got there, and that she would tell the salesman that she assisted....

well, about 2 hours later, i get there, walk in, ask for salesduder, he comes out, i tell him my name, he remembers, then he says they just sold the last 2 of the 525 s that i wanted...

wtf...

then he offers me a 450 zuki efi, and also a 450 yamaha for 4k including my trades

my trades were my honda 400 ex BUILT (last year built) and a 2000 wr 400f, which was like literally brand new, like 400 miles, looked showroom condition...

so, they offered me 3k for my trades on the 08, and i was gonna leave there @ 2500$, but that included a pipe, jet kit, and k&n af kit....

so, they said they would do 6900 otd on the new 09.... but, somehow then after trade ins, they said im talking 5k, so wtf ?

so, now the bike that i have that is like new, and the built ask quad i have for some odd reason have gone to 2k total, just cause THEIR lady lost the message or failed to tell the salesman that i was on my way, and then i drove 2 hrs to buy NOTHING!!!!!

man, this sucks.

talk about a schooty first post.

so, i really like the 09 525 outlaw vs the 08 outlaw, but realistically, i cant see spending 5k AND trading in my machines one of which has 4 k in engine alone in just to get less power than my 400ex makes.

man, anyone know what the 2010's are gonna be like??

im curoius if they are gonna be efi, cause i really can wait, hell at this point, i can sell the quad at 2200, and the bike at 1800, and im wayy better... and still giving better deal than what the dealer was offering on their clapped out used machines that they for some reason tried to compare my bike and quad to...

their 400ex that was going for $2400 was entirely stock, and rusty as schit, like an 80's ford from a salt state..... and clapped out, like i could beat mine with a bfh, and it would still look better.

anywho, im Power, aka Paul, nice to join here ;)

SSJEFF
06-11-2009, 12:51 PM
sell your quads yourself and go buy the Outlaw. I would go to a different dealer if they screwed you around like this. I find it hard to believe they sold 2 quads between the time you called and showed up. What a bunch of crap.

powertechn2
06-12-2009, 03:54 PM
yea, i myself really found it hard to believe that they sold BOTH 08's when i called at 4, said i was on my way for one, got there @630, and they were gone...

i still think its kinda sketchy, but the salesman said he would show me the invoice.

i could get another 08 within 10 miles of me, but it was all scratched up, and decals gouged, and even had the air filter installed improperly lol. i was driving the extra distance just to get a white one instead of a red unit, and one that was actually in new shape.

i am going to try to sell what i have myself now, but economy is uber bad in the state of the motor city,i still would rather give someone a deal on them rather than a dealer that would just make a buncha profit off my enthusiasm for a new machine that they would also be making money off me on.

that dealer did give me a killer price on the 09, but just less for trades than if i bought the 08 model, which makes no sense to me.

worse case scenario, ill either lose out on all the 09's, and get a 2010, or maybe find an 09 this winter sitting on dealers floor. normally after new models are out the manufacturer gives deals and incentives to move old product, just like the 08 for 5200 otd...

500dollarpreddy
06-15-2009, 06:41 AM
Classic BAIT AND SWITCH.

They figured you drove two hours trailering both your bikes that they could take advantage of you, and sell you whatever they wanted for whatever they wanted. Very little do they loose a customer instead of gaining an outrageous sale.

So Koodos to you for being smart. Don't ever do business with them again, and give them bad reviews whenever you can. I myself would have been p'd. If they really did have 2 of the quads when you called they still had them when you got there, and just wanted to try to clear these other models that the Outlaws are drowning out.

Again Good Job being the better guy.

powertechn2
06-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the support

im still not happy about the whole deal, this weekend i have a wedding and was also gonna have the first real ride of the year, so instead of on a new machine, il just gonna take the wr400, i figure its still like new, its not like i can do anything to really devalue it anymore, and i might find that i really like it still, havent been on a bike in the trails since '02, might get interesting.

wannaride4
06-21-2009, 07:55 AM
I understand your frustration. But put ourself in the dealers shoe's. Have you done enough business with him for him to know that when you say something, he can take it to the bank. So why wouldn't he sell it the first one in the door with money in hand.

I would sell the used wheeler's myself also, they are into the business to make money. I think thats where they make most of their money is on used stuff and service. And to me it sound's like they tried working with you, on the price of the 08 or 09. To me it sounds like, they wouldn't be a bad dealership to deal with, for me it's all about how hard they try.

What prices did he offer the 08 and 09 to you for? There is an 08 525irs and 09 525s in Billings Mt. 6000.00 for the 08 and 7400.00 for the 09.

powertechn2
06-21-2009, 05:30 PM
the 08 was 5200 otd, and 6800 for the 09 otd.

the wr400 sold in one day, still got the quad up for sale.

it was just irritating when i heard the girl tell him that no one called, when i specifically told her that i was on my way in for the white one, and that it was a 2 hour drive in for me.

thats why i was most irrate.

SEBZX79
06-27-2009, 08:04 PM
Here is one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150354950449&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1778wt_1071

Here is two

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=140328183670#ht_1773wt_1076

coalrat
06-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Yea ,it sounds like the dealer didn't want to take your trades, best to sell them out right anyway. There is a dealer near me that i deal with had 08 525 SRA's for 4699, Still might have one left. Tried to talk the wife into it but she wants a rzr.

I'm in pa, the shop is SNOWS polaris in chicora pa if your interested. now they only had 1 left from a truck load, and that was about a week ago. RED one.

If you find an 08 that is stock suspension, and i hate to kick them for this, but they REALLY need reworked,revalved and resprung. The 09 I assume are better as most of the suspension parts have been changed.

Your honda sounds like a runner.

powertechn2
06-28-2009, 09:09 AM
yea, polaris had a ton of leftover 08's, and they clearanced them to dealers @15% off of dealer cost, thats why there are deals on the 08's, adn after comparing the 08s to the 09s, they are totally different, the 08 felt larger than my 400ex, whereas the 09 feels the same, better peg placement, the 08 susp felt really stiff in front, like i was on a sport ute, the 09 felt better.

i already moved the bike, got 2K out of it in less than one day on craigslist, the 461ex is still up, keep getting calls and hard bites, and a buncha stupid offers like "hey, ill trade you my 1987 dr125 and my 1998 kx100 and 600 bucks for it" lol i dunno what some people are thinking.

and yea, the my quad is a sure runner, its b-a, just, like everything else, you always want something different, like when you trade in your 3yr old car just to get another car cause you liked it.

the only thing that im concerned about when basically trading to the 525 is i really hope they are as powerful as people claim, i can like rip the front end up on demand by just barely goosing it, it would suck to have put as much time and money into my 400 just to lose out and sell it if im not happy with the 525.
anyone actually dyno'd a 525 stock?

3or4HONDA
06-28-2009, 09:37 AM
Welcome to the forum! im kinda in the same boat i am looking at getting a 08 Outlaw 525s LE and i have a 400 aswell. good luck on the hunt and the sale of you ex, are you up to silver lake often?

powertechn2
06-28-2009, 09:42 AM
i like the l.e. also, dig the black.
i actually havent been to silver lake before, well, not since i was like ten lol.

a lot of my friends go, but they always decide to do it on a holiday and to me its too busy on holidays there, not really worth the money you spend to drive, and stay there just to be jam packed with how busy it is.

i would like to go during the week sometime tho.

i ride mostly in mio and in black lake.

good luck to u as well, and thx for the welcome :D

3or4HONDA
06-28-2009, 02:41 PM
ya i never go on the holidays for that very reason. to busy and not enough room to ride and feel comfortable. any other weekend is alright tho and weekdays its pretty dead.

ya the black and gold is sweet, im hoping this winter i can find one cheap.