PDA

View Full Version : Practice track design

UnderFire
06-10-2009, 05:59 PM
My dad mentioned building a track for me and my little brother to ride the other day, and i just couldn't help but to make a design!

he said it was just to practice a bit of jumping and just general riding (cornering, takeoffs, etc...)

i put in two diffent paths on one of the straightaways, one if a smaller jump for my brother on his trx90. the other one is for my 400ex

all of the bales would have covers, as this is one rainy state :D

track layout:
http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo55/igobioace/tracklayout.jpg

Track Key:
http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo55/igobioace/trackkey.jpg

Tell Me What you think, or if i should add something:D :D :D

BD444
06-10-2009, 06:13 PM
looks like fun.

matt14c
06-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Looks good. You prolly wont really need bales. If you look bale covers are more expensive then what you would think. We used bales one year and after that said screw it. It would look and be cool if you did just giving you my .02

DirtMonkey
06-10-2009, 07:17 PM
Looks sweet! Maybe add a small step up in on of the corners with a smooth downhill to set up for the jump.

Snipe
06-10-2009, 07:56 PM
looks pretty fun just be carefull on jump placement and dont get to close to corners give yourself time to slow down for the corner or at least correct for the turn ya know. Bales would look cool but I would rather run off the track than fly over the bars.

UnderFire
06-10-2009, 08:44 PM
ya, there is 20+ ft from the end of the 10ft jump to the turn, i took that into consideration, thanks snipe.

i'd rather fly over the bars, because it is going 10 ft away from a metal barn :eek2:

Snipe
06-10-2009, 09:28 PM
In that case lol things change

supraloud84
06-11-2009, 05:55 AM
Is the 10 ft jump a table top? I would think that may be a bit big to double just coming out of the whoops you have there. Especially for your brother on a 90cc

UnderFire
06-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by supraloud84
Is the 10 ft jump a table top? I would think that may be a bit big to double just coming out of the whoops you have there. Especially for your brother on a 90cc

yes it is a table, and that is the reason that i put the path around it, it is almost 15 ft from the last whoop to the start of the takeoff ramp.

250x_kyle
06-11-2009, 05:55 PM
here is my buddys practice track
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V0aHrLExb0&feature=channel_page

bigbad400
06-12-2009, 06:58 AM
good idea for a small track, mines similar but like yours still not built, watch that vid there thats a good track there, the tracks i pay to ride are like that one. we dont have much for mx around my parts but lots of trails and woods to tear around in. i got about a 200ft by 600 ft field right next to my house thats mine thats gonna be the track, and two other bigger fields that are mine that are mine that someday i could do something with...... but no tractor, and no other way to build a decent track. im gonna rent a small dozer or cat one of these days and get to it!!!

416exman21
06-12-2009, 07:07 AM
that should be pretty tight to have a track --- i tear my whole yard up lol than i have to fix it-----the closest track to me is about 1hr and a half a day--i am about to get some property handed down to me (yes free) and i am going to use about 10 acres to start making a tt track with a few 40ft doubles in the middle (i am prb. going to have some broken bones but that makes it fun ......... good luck on your track