PDA

View Full Version : Keeping legal width

RiDiNgGrEEnN
06-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Hey there,
Just curious, what a-arm set up would you suggest for an 86 LT250r (MX build)? Obviously has to be 50" or under.
More than likely long travel?
I'm not sure about wheels. I don't think I'll be running the current ITP 190's. They came on the ATV so I'm not sure about the off set. Something else I could dabble in to accommodate the a-arm width.
But over all, best recommendation?
+1+2 Safe
or
+1+3 with off set rims?
Just a stab in the dark. I'm no expert.
Thank you.

fandl450r
06-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Well not sure what width it is stock, but usually a +2 or +3 is fairly standard in the MX scene, it's usually machine specific. Typically you see as wide of a-arms as you can get, and then run a 4+1 offset wheel to stay within the 50 inch width. .190's will get beat up pretty bad in the front depending on the riding conditions. Usually a rolled edge wheel is desirable. Hope this helps.

Justin

RiDiNgGrEEnN
06-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Understandable. I believe they are 190's. They are pretty beat up already. I already have a durablue axle and with the 20x11x10's on the rear it is some close to 50". But, I will be getting G-force extended rear hubs (30mm) and switch to an 18x8x8 (more than likely).
So I basically have the rear end sorted out.
Here's a picture of my front. I believe it has 1.5" wheel spacers + whatever the back spacing ratio is on the ITP's.
(This is also around 47-48")
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/nosxrider/000_2160.jpg
The 21's will be coming off for the track. More than likely.
I believe Burgard is making a LT a-arm for the quadracers to except the 450r shocks?
Anyways, appreciate it!