PDA

View Full Version : Any VXCS racers here?

Pappy
06-10-2009, 09:01 AM
http://vxcs.org/series-information/why-ride-vxcs.html

Thinking of trying to run the rest of the season in this series....

4wheelinmatt
06-10-2009, 10:39 AM
My dad runs the series and a few of my friends. Dad races in the super senior class and has a blast. Some of the tracks are also pretty challenging ive heard. What class would you run?

Pappy
06-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Not me, Cody. he will probably run B

cletusEX
06-10-2009, 06:25 PM
First race was a joke, but have heard the other ones have been alright.

TWISTED
06-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by cletusEX
First race was a joke, but have heard the other ones have been alright.

Quite confusing.... I was there to watch... Not very organized at all.....

250RXCrider
06-11-2009, 01:59 PM
They seem to be making improvements, I did not race the first one, but like Nick said there were quite a few issues. The VMP race was a nice event and the track was very well laid out. These races seem to run like any other local district race around the area, but if they keep turning out some nice tracks I would run a few more.

Pappy
06-11-2009, 02:27 PM
We are shooting for running the one on the 21st. Hopefully it goes smooth:p

4wheelinmatt
06-11-2009, 05:07 PM
June 21st is the race at VIR. Its the first time ever racing there so except a very narrow and rough track. My dad would be going but we will be in Cali.

cletusEX
06-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
We are shooting for running the one on the 21st. Hopefully it goes smooth:p

I'm thinking about hitting this one also. It's a little bit of a haul for me but I need all the seat time I can get before Snowshoe!:macho

Pappy
06-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Well, just bring everything, crash here and head out with us:p

250RXCrider
06-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by cletusEX
I'm thinking about hitting this one also. It's a little bit of a haul for me but I need all the seat time I can get before Snowshoe!:macho

You racing snowshoe? Good Stuff. Yeah I was thinking about the VHS race but it is a haul.

Pappy
06-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by 250RXCrider
You racing snowshoe? Good Stuff. Yeah I was thinking about the VHS race but it is a haul.

sniffle sniffle:devil: Your more then welcome to come eat some food, hang out and head down with us...convoy style:cool:

250RXCrider
06-11-2009, 07:57 PM
sniffle sniffle:devil: Your more then welcome to come eat some food, hang out and head down with us...convoy style:cool:

I appreciate the offer, but to tell you the truth I like being married and this could cause a divorce:D Racing on Sunday is tough, it will be close to 6:00 by the time you hit the road for a five hour drive home. Us working folk have to get early Monday morning, what happened to the days when races where on Saturdays?

Pappy
06-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Oh amen on racing saturdays:p

thats usually the biggest plus about working for yourself, but then I find myself working at 3 am to catch up:p

cletusEX
06-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Oh amen on racing saturdays:p

thats usually the biggest plus about working for yourself, but then I find myself working at 3 am to catch up:p

I might do that, stay at your place and follow ya'll down, it's probably a shorter drive from there.

And James yeah I'm planning on Snowshoe, I rode tonight out at Ron's and he has an extra bed for me. He's heading out there tues or wed with michael for some pro training class or something.

Pappy
06-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Well I wont see you at Snowshow ehhh I mean Snowshoe either haha....we will be in TN for Muddy Creek ( I detest Snowshoe so harlen is covering it) Me and the family are heading down to the Smokies for 3 or 4 days before the race to hang out for a vacation

cletusEX
06-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Well I wont see you at Snowshow ehhh I mean Snowshoe either haha....we will be in TN for Muddy Creek ( I detest Snowshoe so harlen is covering it) Me and the family are heading down to the Smokies for 3 or 4 days before the race to hang out for a vacation

Oh yeah I remember talking to you at the last Snowshoe race! That should be a sweet vacation, I've heard the smokies are gorgeous, should make for some awesome pictures.

Pappy
06-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Hopefully....

I had set aside a few days to be there after the Titan but the weather fouled those plans up. I wanted to get some Bear shots. The cubs will be out by now, and the fawns should be plentiful so hopefully I get some decent stuff.

XCAdam89
06-12-2009, 12:33 AM
Hey Ken, I run Lite C There. It's a pretty good series.

The first race was managed pretty bad, but I hear everything has come along way since then.

The people are great though, it's a good time out. Darrel (Dopeyferrey) is the one who really got me into it, I just don't have the time to hit every race with the way my work schedule is right now.

Here's my dad's first time shooting the D60, there's some decent pics in here from Round 1.

http://mynetimages.com/album/XCAdam89/

250RXCrider
06-12-2009, 07:02 AM
Looks like a nice and tight trail...

http://www.loopd.com/Search/ContentViewer.aspx?resourceId=ad7a7177-2870-4c2e-a9e6-1a21b56d2e9f

Pappy
06-12-2009, 08:43 AM
Looks like real XC to me!

XCAdam89
06-12-2009, 10:13 AM
Looks like real XC to me!

It's a blast, I hope you guys can come out and ride a few. I won't be at VIR, but I'll be at the rest of the them.

Here's some helmet cam footage from Colonial Beach I found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efqAMxj_oLA