PDA

View Full Version : My finished bike rebuild pics

Rootar
06-10-2009, 07:00 AM
i think i forgot to post these finished pics of my bike from many months back, ive only rode it 3 times since the rebuild because i broke my wrist and blew the seals out of both front shocks...

anways here are some pics. :D let me know what you think.

Rootar
06-10-2009, 07:06 AM
side view

(dont worry the rear end settles down 2 inches when you sit on it, in case you think it looks high in the rear)

Rootar
06-10-2009, 07:08 AM
front top

Rootar
06-10-2009, 07:12 AM
rear view (1st time ive ever had everything on the axle looking brandnew)

Rootar
06-10-2009, 07:15 AM
side close up (no it does not have a rekluse, that was the best cover i had and i forgot to take the sticker off)

Rootar
06-10-2009, 07:17 AM
top/ controls (yes thats a renthal pad on my flexx bars)

jcs003
06-10-2009, 07:22 AM
NICE COLOR SCHEME

dehner47
06-10-2009, 07:57 AM
dude, i've never been a huge fan of blue and black together. but your bike has totally changed my opinions on that. it looks sick when done right. and your bike is done right. i love it. get some action shots for us. would love to see this bike in the air:D

fandl450r
06-10-2009, 09:34 AM
We have almost identical color scheme. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/fandl/450ER%20Build/TRX9.jpg

By the way awesome look bike man, I've always wanted to build a hybrid.

jcs003
06-10-2009, 09:43 AM
give us some spec on bike.

Rootar
06-10-2009, 05:18 PM
heck ya fandl450r! you qotm pick back in the day made me wanna do the same except just a little different and i had to get the custom akraix graphics to match.....

Here are the bikes specs:

Chassis | Suspension | Controls:

Frame: PRP w/ flip top subframe
A Arms: PRP lower and Blackbeard atv custom uppers
Swingarm: PRP
Steering Stem: PRP
Stbilizer: Denton
Axle: Lonestar
Carrier: RPM tapered
Locknut: Lonestar antifade
Hubs F|R: billet fronts (intergrated hiper in rear)
Bars: Fasst co. Flexx 14*
Throttle/Clutch Lever: Appiled racing w/ hot start
Grips: ODI rouge shorts
Nerfs: AC stadium pegs with proarmor inserts
Bumper: AC
Grab Bar: AC
Front Shocks: AXIS
Rear Shock: AXIS with crf 450 link
Brake Lines: streamline
Rotors F|R: streamline 450r front and 250r rear
Rims F|R: hiper tech3 single fronts and intergrated hub hiper dual rears
Tires F|R: kenda klaw mxf/ holeshot mxr4 (soft)

Body:

Plastic: Fullbore
Graphics|Seat Cover: custom akraix/ full Quadtech
Number Backgrounds: Attack Graphics custom
Handguards: Powermadd
Bar Pad: Renthal
Fuel Tank: Clarke clear stock size with Quadtech cover

Engine|Drive System:

Cylinder|Head: 13.5:1/ new oem
Bore & Stroke: stock
Displacement: 450
Cam:hotcams stage 2
Carburetor: FCR 39
Air Filter|Box: twin air
Pipe|Silencer: Sparks big core with step up header
Clutch|Plates: Hinson
Gearing F|R: 15/38
CDI|Killswitch: 05 crf/ prodesign kill
Cooling: PWR 250r big core radiator
Other:Quadtech scoops, Quadtech hood (NIP), uses 450r front brake system, LSR pivot bolt, all DREAM parts, hour meter, 46hp at the rear wheels on the dyno with knobbies.

Rootar
06-10-2009, 05:32 PM
here is an air shot second time i rode it at the house and i broke my wrist ......:ermm: me of the right and mitch on the left....

ill have some pics up this friday or this weekend i got a bunch of new jumps on my track including a 75 foot 6 feet tall dirt double. so ill definetly have more pics soon.

Here is a video of me riding it around my track right before the rebuild...
<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q4s8Q2PP6NY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q4s8Q2PP6NY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

fandl450r
06-11-2009, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Rootar
heck ya fandl450r! you qotm pick back in the day made me wanna do the same except just a little different and i had to get the custom akraix graphics to match.

Haha nice! Yea I just built this 08, but ya you're thinking of the 04 I had. The one I just built is very similiar to it, same color scheme etc. I still need to order graphics!

Here was the build thread for the newest one:

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=390662

But the bike looks awesome. I've always been a fan of Hybrids. Maybe it's time I start building a CRF to match my TRX. :)

Rootar
06-11-2009, 08:23 AM
yea man i was for sure talking about the 04 it was just so clean and simple it just looked great.

Honestly i had not seen your new build until you posted the link, and its crazy how close ours and ideas were. I did finish my build in march :rolleyes: you copy cat;) :D

If you ever get to ride a 250r hybrid with a quadtech seat youll completely understand why we like them so much, its all in the seat..... :o plus the gearing is so different.

fandl450r
06-11-2009, 09:44 AM
You did beat me to it this year! I had a lot of issues with the quad at first, and luckily it all panned out in my favor.

Yea I've ridden some laeger 250's and I want a seat like that on my TRX. I mat start looking for a frame :/

Rootar
06-11-2009, 10:46 AM
i got to thinking and i remembered i posted this picture the night i finished it feb 28 and i finally found where in the hybrid picture thread .

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=3512871

either way we got it right with the colors! Mine is black, blue and #2 :D

250x_kyle
06-11-2009, 10:22 PM
you got one sick hybrid boss. haha howd suppa dave like that landing. did he finish his new ramp yet?

Rootar
06-12-2009, 07:51 AM
haha dave and mitch both said the landing was too steep :ermm: i dunno what possed dave to wreck it like that... as for his ramp he should have the surface on it this weekend and we can go ride it next week....

250x_kyle
06-12-2009, 10:37 AM
what color of blue is that if u dont mine me asken. ive never really seen that before is that a dormant or something. every one always uses ctb

Rootar
06-12-2009, 09:58 PM
I THINK it was a gloss imperial blue.... im not exactly sure, i took the graphics to the coaters and said here match this :o and i did notice it is a very very close match to "snap-on blue" because it looks real good beside my roll cab in the trailer....

250x_kyle
06-20-2009, 04:50 PM
yeah it lookes real smooth. i want to do a similar color blue but with white frame and plastics.