PDA

View Full Version : Need help getting a 97 Suzuki king quad running

redcumminsgirl
06-09-2009, 08:42 PM
I am trying to get a 97 Suzuki King Quad running. First it did not have fuel. Straightening out the vacuum lines fixed that. Then it had way too much fuel, adjusted the float so it would not dump too much gas. It is not starting easily. Finally got it started with a ton of cranking and starting fluid. (won't start with the hand pull). Once we got it started it ran great. Left it running for 30 minutes, shut it off and restarted it. It fired right up. It was dripping oil from the head gasket so, I have order a new one. After letting it sit for a couple of hours it would not restart again. No when we try to start it, it is getting fuel to the carb but not into the motor. The carb was recently cleaned but not rebuilt, so the jet is not clogged.

usp4u
06-10-2009, 07:58 PM
fix the head gasket issue first. if it is blown out badly enough you could be losing cylinder vacuum on the intake stroke, thus fuel in carb, not getting drawn into the cylinder. would be a good time to check valve lash at the time of reassembly, however tight valves usually result in hard starting when hot, not when cold like you stated.

Clean carb while waiting on your gasket. It's fun, easy and will remove another variable.

John451
06-12-2009, 07:28 PM
/\/\/\ He stole what I was gona put /\/\/\