PDA

View Full Version : CFP Racing at local Monster truck show

fourwhls
01-04-2003, 10:12 PM
I ran an event this weekend at the local arena. It was a monster truck show put on by Checkered Flag production racing. It was a actual race, not quad wars.

Long story short... the venue sucked (entirely too small), organization sucked, track pretty much sucked (oval with a few bumps) BUT....Pro payback was 200%.

I can't say I took any of that money home. Wrong set-up on my behalf. (They advertised it as a TT event....not even close, MX set-up ruled the night)

If anyone is looking to run for some winter cash, check out their website and event schedule.. cfpracing.com

Moto92
01-05-2003, 12:27 AM
I went to one of there races in Missouri last year and it was a joke too. Yes this arena was to small, it was just an oval track. It was just a smooth concrete floor too so for traction they sprayed Pepsi cola syrup all over the floor :huh
Nothing I would have ever expected. Some of the guys even has little shifter cart tires on the rear, really weird looking setup.

exriderdude
01-05-2003, 02:50 PM
what is quad war??

there was a monster truck show here to and it said there was quad wars too. on the commercial it looked like it was a TT race.

Moto92
01-05-2003, 04:41 PM
Quad Wars is associated with Clear Channel at the Monster Jam events, not to be confused with their Pro Quads though. Quad Wars is set up with two city teams, like St Louis vs Chicago for an example. It is all set up who will wreck, win and everything. It is exactly the attention that our sport does not need, this isnt wrestling.

AtvMxRider
01-05-2003, 08:23 PM
Hey Shawn where was it held at?

fourwhls
01-05-2003, 08:59 PM
Inside Norfolk Scope...It was like racing around a basketball court.

AtvMxRider
01-06-2003, 05:14 AM
Yeah the Scope is pretty small.

QuadJunkies
03-10-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by fearthisracer
Quad Wars is associated with Clear Channel at the Monster Jam events, not to be confused with their Pro Quads though. Quad Wars is set up with two city teams, like St Louis vs Chicago for an example. It is all set up who will wreck, win and everything. It is exactly the attention that our sport does not need, this isnt wrestling. Are you serois? I was thinking on doing it in two weeks:confused: :( Ive seen clear channel do these shows here with the mini bikes but never the quads... I thought it loked pretty cool, this will be the first time in a log time to see quads at the truck show..

Moto92
03-10-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Are you serois? I was thinking on doing it in two weeks:confused: :( Ive seen clear channel do these shows here with the mini bikes but never the quads... I thought it loked pretty cool, this will be the first time in a log time to see quads at the truck show..

Yep I believe you will get paid for being in their pretend race though. But its already decided who will win and it isnt going to be you. I would love to go out there and corrupt their whole plan though and give it hell. It wouldnt matter if I didnt get paid.

QuadJunkies
03-10-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by fearthisracer
Yep I believe you will get paid for being in their pretend race though. But its already decided who will win and it isnt going to be you. I would love to go out there and corrupt their whole plan though and give it hell. It wouldnt matter if I didnt get paid. LMAO!!! Well, maybe Ill have to do it, just to see what they make me do!:p this could be kinda funny, yeah I heard they pay 50.00 and for tickets too.