PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust questions

mpfd
06-09-2009, 07:27 PM
2007 525 IRS. How much more power is a HMF slip on gonna give me over a stock pipe with baffel removed and a tip?

mpfd
06-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Nobody huh?

redteamgo2000
06-11-2009, 01:16 PM
you will notice a difference but there are too many variable to give a accurate number per say. such as fuel, elevation, jetting, other mods, so on and so forth. is it worth the buy... yes. will you notice a difference... yes hope that helps answer your question.

katch26
06-11-2009, 01:23 PM
the difference is in the whole not the pieces. You'll notice a slight difference with a pipe but a nice difference by opening the airbox up......assuming you haven't done that yet. In order to get more power you have to get more air flowing in as well as flowing out.

sheriff525
06-14-2009, 08:54 PM
I have a stock pipe with baffle removed but i modded my airbox so that it is a straight shot much like some others have done. It got ride of the bend in the IRS boot and makes a huge difference.

In fact my older brother went and bought a full FMF 4.1 with the mega bomb header ($900+) and I spent maybe $20 on my parts.

Both bikes are jetted.

Result is I kick his trash by about 50 feet up sand mountain everytime.

Now imagine what I could do with his exhaust on top of that. I also heard that the header pipe on the IRS is a good design but looks like crap after a few rides. So my opinion is get a full system like the 4.1 or the CT. I have always been curious to see if anyone is daring enough to get a mega bomb FMF header with a HMF slip on or a yoshi slip on. I imagine it would still be really sweet!