PDA

View Full Version : flexx bars or atv four play soft bars

coffing918
06-09-2009, 06:56 PM
i would like to buy my son new bars for his 08 drr 50, i either want the flexx or soft bars . 1st are they aloud in the 50 stock class if so,, wich i think they are ,, what ones are better, im leaning toward the atv 4play soft bars

Logan #34's Dad
06-09-2009, 08:36 PM
I grabbed Tom's (atv four play) boys handle bars and I am impressed with the amount of give. Should save alot of wrists. I've never handled the Flexx bars. Four plays are less money too!

bulldogfallon
06-09-2009, 10:13 PM
The Four Play are less money since Flexx raised their prices recently....nice features and quality for sure.

I don't know if either are good for a 50

The bars are big and you have to push a quad to get any use out of this add on.

I think there may be better spent dollars...like shocks

On a bigger mini I think it may be a worthwhile investment, but on a 50 it may not provide a great ROI.

coffing918
06-09-2009, 10:21 PM
ok thanks, what is ROI i just cant figure it out

bulldogfallon
06-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Return on Investment

coffing918
06-10-2009, 07:43 AM
now i really dont know what to do,, does anyone have them on a 50 and if so what do you think about them,,

T@AFP
06-10-2009, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
The Four Play are less money since Flexx raised their prices recently....nice features and quality for sure.

I don't know if either are good for a 50

The bars are big and you have to push a quad to get any use out of this add on.

I think there may be better spent dollars...like shocks

On a bigger mini I think it may be a worthwhile investment, but on a 50 it may not provide a great ROI.

Hey Gary, I think you know this but the handle bars can be cut down to width to fit the rider's preference. Also, the resistance can be adjusted way softer for little riders. When we ship them there are set at a medium setting.
For my kid... which weighs only 50# he wants them really soft and cut down to 29".

THIS IS NOT INTENDED FOR ADVERTISING PURPOSES. :devil:

bulldogfallon
06-10-2009, 08:08 AM
I have them is stock for the DRR

:devil: (Intended for advertising purposes) :devil:

V Man--Solid product for sure....I actually sold a set for an Apex 90 this morning when they called for Flexx bars

huntersdad
06-10-2009, 08:39 AM
i think that the flex bars work great,my kid seems to ride with really loose hands and i think the bars enable him to do that and we race some pretty tough conditions (worcs races).I cut them down 1 inch and have them on a 50 and 70

raidernut
06-10-2009, 05:51 PM
The fourplay are designed for the minis, and offer way more adjustment, vs the flexx which is not designed for the minis, and your only adjustment is switching out a chunk of rubber. I have one of each on two different bikes, and there is no comparison in my opinion.

crashncash
06-12-2009, 05:26 AM
We took off the Flexx bars on Caden's DRX50 and installed Soft Bars which we cut down to about 29". He could definately tell the difference and they worked well for him the first time he used them in an XC race when he hit some trees pretty hard.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/n-stig8r/DSC03026.jpg