PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Screw Tool?

BEAVER.989
06-09-2009, 04:44 PM
I have the second generation EX with the non adjustable needle and D shaped fuel screw. Is there a tool that I can purchase to adjust this screw?

I made a crude version out of a spent shell casing, as shown on the HMF site, but was hoping for something that worked a little better. Mine slips rather easily if I'm not careful.

bigd's ex
06-09-2009, 06:08 PM
That screw blows!!!!!!!!!! I have one that came with a Dyno- Jet kit. Took mine out & replaced it with a FlexJet screw from R&D, works great so far. You could take it out & groove the top of it for a straight screwdriver.

Youngblood
06-10-2009, 07:55 AM
Hey Beav, I dunno how your soldering skills are (Im a plumber by trade) but I did a search when I wanted something better as well and found a member who bought a brass battery screw and soldered it to the head of the stock fuel screw, I just did mine and it works great, just make sure that you take all the o rings and spring off so you dont damage them. Now I can get my fingers in there and adjust the screw while the bike is running instead of pulling the carb everytime. I dont have any pics but try to do a search on it. Good luck bro

Joe

Youngblood
06-10-2009, 07:57 AM
Hey Bigd, what year is your ex, do you know if the flexx screw will fit an 05 400 with a stock carb? When I was looking for an alternative no one could give me a straight answer on them

Joe

bigd's ex
06-10-2009, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Youngblood
Hey Bigd, what year is your ex, do you know if the flexx screw will fit an 05 400 with a stock carb? When I was looking for an alternative no one could give me a straight answer on them

Joe

It,s an 07 stock carb, I was'nt sure when I bought it if it would fit, but it works great. Not sure, but I don't see why it would'nt work on an 05. I also brazed a brass knob on the end of my f/s . That's a good mod to do if you did'nt want to spend the money on an aftermarket screw. I'm a plumber/pipefitter myself. lol

bigd's ex
06-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by bigd's ex
It,s an 07 stock carb, I was'nt sure when I bought it if it would fit, but it works great. Not sure, but I don't see why it would'nt work on an 05. I also brazed a brass knob on the end of my f/s . That's a good mod to do if you did'nt want to spend the money on an aftermarket screw. I'm a plumber/pipefitter myself. lol

A little blurry, but you get the idea.

Youngblood
06-10-2009, 07:12 PM
Damn Bigd, put my battery screw to shame...lol.......nice work bro, I may have to bite the bullet and see if it'll work with my carb. Are you union? How's work for you guys, here in CT we're hurtin man, I'm a service plumber and people are waiting till total meltdown before they call to have us fix something.......sucks

bigd's ex
06-10-2009, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Youngblood
Damn Bigd, put my battery screw to shame...lol.......nice work bro, I may have to bite the bullet and see if it'll work with my carb. Are you union? How's work for you guys, here in CT we're hurtin man, I'm a service plumber and people are waiting till total meltdown before they call to have us fix something.......sucks

Thanks. I work out of local 83. We're a combination local plumbers & steamfitters. Work at home is slow, but luckily our sister locals have alot of work. PM me if you know any fitters that need a job

Youngblood
06-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Sounds good bro, I'll let you know if I come across anyone lookin

BEAVER.989
06-13-2009, 09:51 AM
For anyone interested, I found something...

http://motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0242/

bigd's ex
06-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by BEAVER.989
For anyone interested, I found something...

http://motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0242/

Good find, sure beats buying a jet kit to get one. LOL