PDA

View Full Version : Zune and Ipod help

derekhonda
06-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Alright, probably an easy question for someone out there.

I have a zune 30 gig that I like alot but it was getting bulky to run with, so I had some pstars points saved up and got a little Ipod 2 gig. I used to have Itunes, but when my other ipod got stolen, I got the zune, and transferred all my files over to that.

Now I have reloaded Itunes, and I'm trying to get just like 2 or 300 alternative songs to copy over and then only use the 2gig ipod when I;m jogging, but I can't seem to get anything to import in.

In I tunes, I go to File > Library > Import play list, and then I have nothing to select from, anyone know why?

These two things are not very compatible with each other....

matt14c
06-09-2009, 06:41 PM
You cant transfer Zune music over to any ipod. I have a Zune and my Fionce has an Itouch and I have like 3,000 songs so she wanted to pick stuff from my library and we could not do it. We even called apple to ask if possible and they said no. They are different file types. You would have to rip all those songs/albums all over again into the itunes/apple format.

TN_cowboy
06-10-2009, 05:33 AM
try oopening the location of the song and right click the song. then go down to open with. select itunes it should work that way. itunes should convert the song to play on the ipod.

derekhonda
06-10-2009, 07:09 AM
Thats crazy I guess I thought that since they transferred from ipod to zune they would transfer back. Ill try your method tncowboy when I get home from work, hopin for the best.

Thanks

derekhonda
06-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Also, Another question. Have any of you used the "Zune Pass". Its only 15 bucks a month for unlimited downloads, but the problem is once you quit subscribing to it your downloaded songs disappear...pretty sneaky microsoft.

My question, is can you convert the files and burn to a cd from the zune pass? I only ask, cause I have a 6 disk in my truck, and I like to rotate in new music, so it would be more worthwhile if i could get a new cd out of the deal every month or two.

matt14c
06-10-2009, 11:36 AM
You can burn them while your pass is active. Then just rip that disc to the zune after then they wont expire.

ben300
06-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by matt14c
You can burn them while your pass is active. Then just rip that disc to the zune after then they wont expire.

not quite...you can download as much as you want to, but your only aloud 1 album per week of music that you can permanetly keep