PDA

View Full Version : What to do???

07black400ex
06-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Flipped my Ex this weekend and it rolled down a hill and came to a rest upside down. Now it's sputtering and popping. I assume maybe the plug is fouled from the fuel pouring out of it. What else do I need to check and/or change? Air filter, oil, etc.???

honda400ex2003
06-09-2009, 07:07 PM
check the carb i guess anbd the filter for gas soaking, that would be what i do motor wise. otherwise put a new plug in it and see what happens. if it was not over too long and you let it sit for a few minutes right side up to let the oil settle it should be fine. otherwise it could have hurt the rings a bit but if it is not smoking it should be ok. the rings should get scrape it off the walls anyways like they are supposed to. but if some gets past it can foul the plug and make it run bad. I would check your stem, axle, bars and rims to make sure they are not bent too. just my .02 though, steve

07black400ex
06-09-2009, 07:48 PM
All better now... Replaced the plug and air filter and it seems to be fine. The plug looked like it was fouled and the air filter was still soaked with gas. Thanks!!!

honda400ex2003
06-09-2009, 07:53 PM
good to hear that you got it. steve