PDA

View Full Version : I rode a Predator today!!

HotRod2Fitty
01-04-2003, 09:37 PM
Well theres a local yamaha/polaris that we stopped at today. And seeins that im finally 16 the guy let me test ride the polaris predator. I know what youall are thinking, and yes I was skeptic too. But man o man its got the power. Soo much more bottom, mid and top than even a raptor. Considering the price at 5999 it seems like a deal. I was also wondering about the long term durability of the machine, but Daryll Rath already won a series on the predator. Seems like Polaris really did do their homework. But being a Honda man myself, im really hoping that Honda will pick up the pace on their new sport quad!

Matt

2fastandfurious
01-04-2003, 09:42 PM
With most of the the other major companys coming out with 600cc or more sport quads , you can defently count on honda blowing everybody out when they release theres. They will have to sell somthing simlair to stay in bussiness.
-Ben
I only ride red. Sounds like a nice quad though. I'm saving for honda's new one. Whatever it is!

01-04-2003, 09:43 PM
I ehard they fall apart after awhile pretty easily from reviews and tests from people's that have tried them unless you mod' them with good aftermarket stuff

bansheeguy77
01-04-2003, 09:44 PM
sorry dude but honda wont blow any1 out when they release their quad if there even is one it will probably be a 401cc or something gay like that.

RED121572
01-04-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Lathers
I ehard they fall apart after awhile pretty easily from reviews and tests from people's that have tried them unless you mod' them with good aftermarket stuff

Ive heard from MX racers that the seat tends to pop loose.
What else have you heard that works loose? We need details.

Of course Honda will release a machine that will blow everything else out of the water...that is expected.

Hot Rod, your not kidding. Once midrange comes around, the poopalaris accelerates like a bat outta heck.

Tonight was the first night I rode the Predator. I have a few comments and Im adding to my review thread. :)

QuadJunkies
01-05-2003, 02:23 AM
I rode one not too long long ago also..and I have to admit, this is one nice machine.lots of power too.....Im just curious... how can they be finding out so many things have already gone wrong on them when they barely just came out for sale???:confused: I love my Honda, but Honda better do sometinhg and do it soon...

RED121572
01-05-2003, 07:57 AM
Hey quad,

Two and a half weeks ago, I got the first one from my local dealer. Your right, they havent been out long at all. All the problems Im hearing I take notes, but I mainly go by my own experience with the machine.

:D

Glow Plug
01-05-2003, 11:09 AM
When and if the new honda sport quad comes i think it will idstroy alomst everything in it's price range- for example look at the z400 the only reason with it "won" the shoot out's is because it has reverse (sp??) and the motor is a bit more lively all honda has to do it dum a 450f into a frame that could handle the power and then put reverse (sp??) on it and then beter suspention then then bam there on top again

RED121572
01-05-2003, 11:45 AM
Good point. Just like everyone else, Im axiously awaiting for the new Honda sport quad.

flyin#5
01-05-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by RED121572
Good point. Just like everyone else, Im axiously awaiting for the new Honda sport quad.

we all have....... go buy a dale to help pass the time:rolleyes: :p

RED121572
01-05-2003, 12:39 PM
Ya know, Ive never actually seen a Dale with my own eyes.

....I gotta start gettin out more.

QuadJunkies
01-05-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by flyin_400EX

we all have....... go buy a dale to help pass the time:rolleyes: :p ha,ha,ha,...not a bad idea!:blah

HotRod2Fitty
01-05-2003, 05:24 PM
Well Hopefully all you guys are right that Hondas new quad will be kick ***. I dont know about you guys but... im a honda man for life!!!

-Matt

Ryan
01-05-2003, 06:28 PM
From what Jon Guetter told me, he really likes the preditor and thinks its a great machine. I didn't think much of it being a "Polaris" But don't judge a book by its cover.

raptor_02
01-06-2003, 04:12 PM
Predator is a dissapointment because it has over 440cc's. That will hurt its sales. Now as far as honda goes the 400ex is still kicken ***** at the race tracks. I just got back from an Indoor race and Honda's dominated. A honda 400ex or 250R won every class. There were about 5 or 6 Z400's there and I wasn't impressed at all with them. They don't have hardly any more power than an ex. There was also a cannondale there, damn that thing would fly. But EX's still dominate at the race track so it wouldn't bother me if Honda didn't come out with something else. If they come out with a 650ex it would actually piss me off. The only thing good honda could come out with would be a CRF440 or CRF450 depending on what atva does with the rules. Or develope a new engine around 440cc and develope a better ex. Also I wouldn't put reverse on it. Reverse suks. If you want reverse go buy a utility quad. These are highperformance quads. They don't need reverse. Get off your lazzzy but and pick up your quad. There not that heavy.

joeroadking
01-07-2003, 07:40 PM
I test rode the first one that came into my dealer and I can honestly say the did a good job the thing rips feels real stable and predictable and comes on nice mid range up truthfully if it had reverse I would have bought it on the spot, oh yeh it is not nearly as ugly in person it actually grows on you ! and I left likeing the looks HEY everbody likes a little strange once in a while ! HA:rolleyes:

raptor_02
01-07-2003, 09:34 PM
it seems most everyone is giveing good reports on the predator. I hope I get to ride one soon. But I still haven't rode a fricken DALE, Z400, DS650, or a banshee. So i'd say it will be a while before I get to ride one.

Derno24
01-07-2003, 10:34 PM
I got a chance to test a predator. I think it needs a little in the low end and it looks to flimsy in the front. Things I liked were that it had alot of power at the top end and seemed very nice in the suspension. I think I will definitely wait a year on this one. I would like to see what everyone does to these in the next year.