PDA

View Full Version : Will Favre play again?

BEAVER.989
06-09-2009, 12:09 PM
What do you guys think?

According to sources, he's already had the surgery and a close member of his inner circle has booked 25 hotel rooms in Green Bay for the Nov. 1st matchup of the Vikings against the Packers.

hondariderdylan
06-09-2009, 12:11 PM
who knows?

thats like saying "are they going to send that hooker back out on the street?"

he was there then moved, then left, then came back

i never really liked him

derekhonda
06-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by BEAVER.989
What do you guys think?

I think he's past his prime, way past, and he needs to quit tarnishing his legacy he looks like an idiot.

BEAVER.989
06-09-2009, 01:15 PM
I think a diminished, past his prime Brett Favre is still better than all but two or three of the other quarterbacks in the league, personally. I want to see him in purple, but then again, I've always been a fan...

exrider12
06-09-2009, 01:19 PM
He really pisses me off. And so does sportscenter. Everything is fricken huge deal. No one gives a **** about hearing if he is or if he isnt. Thats all they argue about. If he plays again cool, if not not cool. Im just sick of hearing them argue about it.

And the Lebron not shaking Dwight Howards hand thing. They make a big deal out of it. Like its the end of the fricken world.

Rant over.

300extreme#8
06-09-2009, 02:09 PM
personally I believe he was ignorant for retiring in the first place. Just losing the NFC champsion for Green Bay. He played awesome in that season, then he decided he would retire to see how much he was worth. Many star atheletes do this in the late stages of their careers. Only Farves bit him in the arse and he was sent to the jets. He should have stayed away and left his glory in Green Bay. It made him look bad last year when he was offically replaced but heck that was his call by retiring and waiting 4-5 months to say hey I'm not done yet, pay me more money and i'll keep playing.

For his own pride he needs to join the vikings and get atleast 2 more good years in and end on a good note. I also believe some of this is just for publicity. Kinda funny, Farve was the cinderella story last summer, Jay Cutler was this spring, and now Farve is the story again. God job Bus Cook... Honestly I wish they would quit talking about it. It gets old. Next we will see him annoucing for Monday Night Football. Geez....

Honda4LifeWes36
06-09-2009, 02:09 PM
You know I would love to see Favre play against the Packers in a Vikings jersey but ya know he is way past his prime and is just gonna throw more interceptions. Plus the Packers never really did anything to him to make him want to come after them. Its not gonna happen, cuz he only has less than a week to decide..

BEAVER.989
06-09-2009, 02:14 PM
He has more than a week. The Vikes want him, they won't say no if he decides he's ready in July.

And he does feel he has a score to settle against Green Bay. He wouldn't have retired in the first place if Ted Tompson wasn't pushing him out the door.

scuzz
06-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Favre = pizza that you find in the back of the fridge at your friends.

Is it really worth even trying?

BEAVER.989
06-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by scuzz
Favre = pizza that you find in the back of the fridge at your friends.

Is it really worth even trying?

But then again, I've always said that pizza is like sex. It's either good or it's great. I've never had a bad pizza. :D

scuzz
06-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Sex has yet to give me the trots, but that's a WHOLE nother thread.

BEAVER.989
06-09-2009, 03:03 PM
lol

300extreme#8
06-09-2009, 03:04 PM
ok so you say the vikings want Farve? Hello they have 2 good quaterbacks. Not great, but the Vikings made the play offs, and if you minus only a few mistakes from Jackson in teh 4th quater and they would have went farther.Jackson will only improve, but they need to know who the starter will be before camps start so thats why they said they give Farve a week. If he waits too long I bet the Vikings will act in the same manner as the Packers did wit Aaron Rogers.

BEAVER.989
06-09-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm not denying that they have two good qb's. Heck, I think Jackson has a lot of potential that could be realized with some mentoring. Who better than Favre to mentor?

It all comes down to putting *****es in seats and Favre will do that for them. It's a business decision.

scuzz
06-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Bret has an official site.

http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/

Did you know you can get official birthday greetings (http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/birthday_greeting/) from him??? Who ever doesn't sign him on birthday greetings alone is a loser.

Giz400ex
06-09-2009, 03:58 PM
He wanted to play for the Vikes last year but Packs didn't want to do the deal. As for Favre, I think overall the guy is one of the greatest QB's ever, I really enjoy watching him play. If he still has the fire in him to play???? Why not??? Its his body, not ours :D Is he what he used to be? Far from it but he can still play the game and still compete. I can't wait to see him in a Vikes uniform.

matt14c
06-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Why doesnt NBC just offer him Maddens job? I just hope someone makes a damn decision on it before it ruins sports news like it did last year. As far as the Vikings go I dont know how they can guarentee an injured QB past his prime a job or starting job over a potentially very good QB. That would prolly piss me off if I was Jackson. Shouldnt they have to compete for it or something in training camp. Proove his worth???

eastcoastpro20
06-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Idc what he does anymore, ive lost all respect for him as a player and i cant stand to here his name.

timmy400exfast
06-09-2009, 08:53 PM
VIKINGS RULE.........ha

400EXtreme
06-10-2009, 01:48 AM
im a huge packer fan and favre is my all time favorite player. As much as it hurt me as a packer/favre fan with all the drama over the 09 off season. IMO he is still the most fun qb to watch. just imagine the nfc north if he plays for the vikings next season. Rodgers, cutler, stafford/culpepper, and favre. STACKEDDDD

timmy400exfast
06-10-2009, 08:00 AM
that would be a wicked confrence

timmy400exfast

timmy400exfast

Guy400
06-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Please Brett, just retire. Honestly it's quite sad to see him out there well passed his prime and ruining his legacy. It was a little like watching Jordan in his last season. The heart was there but the body/ability wasn't.

400EXtreme
06-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
Please Brett, just retire. Honestly it's quite sad to see him out there well passed his prime and ruining his legacy. It was a little like watching Jordan in his last season. The heart was there but the body/ability wasn't. if brett was to play for the vikings, he would be the best qb on that team injured or not as sad as it sounds lol.