PDA

View Full Version : So tell me about the 2000 spring?

QuadJunkies
06-09-2009, 10:31 AM
My son just grew like a weed this winter and gained a whopping 22 lbs as well :eek2: Hes over 100 lbs now and we have to make some changes ,we seriously need to think about a dif spring now .
I havent read too much on the 2000 spring,but was told this would be a good combo to try with a roller change for our application. We are leaning that direction.

Whats your thoughts guys? I need to place some orders this week between kissing trees and clutch this wk end its not going to be cheap. lol :scary:

The next Nat we go to my ole man most likely will not be able to attend, that means we need to get this right before we leave home or Brandons SOL and I dont have the time or knowledge to wrench between race coverage .

nordic quad
06-09-2009, 10:51 AM
It will make a diffrence,i dont know your set up.On Sondres 70 we use stock Apex clutch with 1500 rpm koso springs and ZTR 2000 rpm Torque spring and Yamasida vario with Dr Pulley 3,5g sliders i think.we tried 1000 and 1500 rpm springs to but the 2000 rpm worked best.The 70 is way faster than the stock 100 out of the hole.

bulldogfallon
06-09-2009, 03:24 PM
The torque spring is used to prevent belt slippage, so if the additional weight is causing belt slippage then give it a shot

The roller weight is use to set your shift rpm, so you will need to adjust them to allow the motor to run at the same rpm while the pulleys are shifting .
If your not sure get the data with a tach right now so you can make sure to compare notes when you make the change.

Good luck