PDA

View Full Version : mike alessi out for season..

dehner47
06-09-2009, 08:08 AM
yes its true. the 450 motcross points leader is going to be out for the rest of the season. damn, seems like no one wants to win this title. stewarts not racing. windham couldn't get enough sponser $$$. villipoto busted his knee. guess its gonna come down to reed, grant, millsaps, short and a few other. i hate seing anyone get hurt or not have funds to race but hell, this opens up the series to some new guys to step it up. should be an interesting rest of the season. i cant wait.

heres the release from racerx.

BREA, CA - Rockstar Makita Suzuki reported that championship points leading rider, Mike Alessi, suffered a broken kneecap while practicing in Pennsylvania earlier today. Alessi's condition and prognosis will be updated as more information becomes available.

kawabunga
06-09-2009, 09:08 AM
Dang! That sucks. I didn't want to see him win anyway but I would never want or wish to see that happen to anyone. That really changes things.

liljhall09
06-09-2009, 10:33 AM
well now someone else can grab the holeshot lol

Dupontster
06-09-2009, 10:50 AM
This season is going to be even more boring to watch. anyone know why stewart isnt riding?

LTRracer4
06-09-2009, 10:56 AM
I've really grown to like Alessi. Ive always said if mx doesnt workout for him he would make one hell of a drag racer. I was happy to see him smashing this season, but oh well. i hope Grant or someone small name wins this. I hate Reed. ****in *****

Rootar
06-09-2009, 10:58 AM
that sucks but i hope a broken knee cap wouldnt keep him out for the rest of the season maybe a couple races (4-5 weeks) i broke my knee cap in HALF when i was 15 and i was back skating and riding in a month...

i bet he could still win the championship even if he missed a couple races......

TWISTED
06-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Dupontster
This season is going to be even more boring to watch. anyone know why stewart isnt riding?

His sponsor is strictly Supercross........ if I was him, I'd show up with my bike in the back of a pick up and wax everybody's arse........

LTRracer4
06-09-2009, 12:22 PM
thats not really his style though. Stewart is one of my favorite riders, but i dont think he would race near as much if the money wasnt there.

54warrior
06-09-2009, 12:25 PM
That's too bad.

How can Windham not have the $$$ to do it??? That makes no sense to me.

Balaz_73*00
06-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by LTRracer4
thats not really his style though. Stewart is one of my favorite riders, but i dont think he would race near as much if the money wasnt there.

Not his style? If i'm not mistaken, that's how he got where he is....he came up thru the ranks racing outdoors.

250r rider 88
06-09-2009, 12:36 PM
racer x reported today mike came out of surgery great and looks to be back on the track by seasons end, i would think it would be a little late for him to make up a points deficit and win the title, i think the favorite now has to be between reed and short

k4f5x0r
06-09-2009, 12:50 PM
eh the big bikes have been boring to watch after villipoto got out. the lites bikes on the other hand have been really interesting. everyone was hauling *** and the passing was non stop.

i loved it :devil:

kawabunga
06-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by k4f5x0r
eh the big bikes have been boring to watch after villipoto got out. the lites bikes on the other hand have been really interesting. everyone was hauling *** and the passing was non stop.

i loved it :devil:

Howabout that rookie, Barcia?!

k4f5x0r
06-09-2009, 01:22 PM
mixed opinions. kids got talent. one of my riding buddies used to race 80's with him. he said out of nowhere the kid started getting fast as hell. he used ot live up here in new york state and then moved.
he's had a fewoff races so far but once he finds his pace i think he''ll do pretty decent. he wont get the overall this year but i think he'll be able to pull off some podiums.

kawabunga
06-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by k4f5x0r he's had a fewoff races so far but once he finds his pace i think he''ll do pretty decent. he wont get the overall this year but i think he'll be able to pull off some podiums. [/B]

I agree with you on that. I had never heard of the kid until this year so it was kind of out of the blue for me. But I'm interested to see what happens, that's for sure.

Mxjunkie
06-09-2009, 03:50 PM
It's going to be really nice seeing some new faces up on the TV set, it does become kinda old when the same guys clean house.

I'm really hoping some of the guys that don't have the huge support behind them but have the skill to show what they have now! Change it up some! :cool:

SRH
06-09-2009, 08:56 PM
this would of been windhams season! kawi should give him a bike

08mxkfx
06-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Justin Barcia is the man! Hes actaully a local rider that used to race District 34. He waxed everybody! That kid has major talent and hes go to be up there villipoto in a few years!