PDA

View Full Version : Proud Dad, cant help it!!

redonkulousruntsracing
06-09-2009, 07:06 AM
I just wanted to post this picture of Seth. I'm so proud of him and the hard work he has put in to get ready for his 1st National at Unadilla this weekend. For only having a month of seat time on his new quad, he sure is confident on it!!

jcs003
06-09-2009, 07:18 AM
good for you and your son. riding is a great way to keep kids in-line and build confidence.

LT80
06-09-2009, 07:21 AM
And you should be proud!
I can't wait to see him tear it up this weekend. :)

COLTBNME
06-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Good Luck this weekend, have fun and enjoy this time with your son.

Proud Mom of Colton Kellum#484
Hetrick TRX125

redonkulousruntsracing
06-09-2009, 11:11 AM
COLTBNME: that is why I do it, the time we spend together racing is some of my favorite time, I look forward to race weekends as much as he does. It's worth every late hour in the garage and every last cent I have to let him have this, he absolutley loves it, and I am so proud of him. When I am standing trackside and he hits a jump that sends him 5-6 feet in the air, over the motor I can hear him screaming " Yea-hoo" or "Awesome", and then he comes off the track with a smile that would pop his helmet off. That is worth more that any trophy in the world.

I think this next pic says it all.
This is from Royal Mountain weekend a 2 day 2 race weekend and this is after Moto 1 on the second day.

etondaddy
06-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Good stuff.............enjoy it pal it goes way to fast, before you know it he'll be on a 300. This is Kyle's 7th year......I'm tellin you it goes to fast........enjoy. The cool part now is we sit back and talk about all the race quads he's had and what our favorite was.....lol Make sure you get pics from Dave

Mike Kozura
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/SteelCity.jpg

mcwilly
06-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by sickairseth
COLTBNME: that is why I do it, the time we spend together racing is some of my favorite time, I look forward to race weekends as much as he does. It's worth every late hour in the garage and every last cent I have to let him have this, he absolutley loves it, and I am so proud of him. When I am standing trackside and he hits a jump that sends him 5-6 feet in the air, over the motor I can hear him screaming " Yea-hoo" or "Awesome", and then he comes off the track with a smile that would pop his helmet off. That is worth more that any trophy in the world.

That's what it's all about.
I'm worn out, broke, beat down and tired after a race weekend, but I love it and look forward to every one.

redonkulousruntsracing
06-09-2009, 12:23 PM
AMEN!!!

nordic quad
06-09-2009, 12:32 PM
By the look at the trophys it looks like you got the Apex running good now.:D

redonkulousruntsracing
06-09-2009, 12:36 PM
After lots of head aches and late nights and expensive cell phone bills!:scary:

I still am trying to find a new steel 32 tooth sprocket. They are on back order everywhere I call. I could use aluminum, but I am stubborn, damn it!!!

nordic quad
06-09-2009, 12:54 PM
I know,we spent a lot of last season learning how to set up the quad(ctv,jetting you name it).I am glad i have learnd a lot as we are running two Apex Quads this season.Race season started this weekend and my boy got to bring home some trophys to.:D

redonkulousruntsracing
06-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Sweet! Congrats! I hate to say it, but I'm starting to feel a little love for the Apex. I got his rockin'!!

nordic quad
06-09-2009, 01:08 PM
I have to tell you at a point i was sick of the 70 but now we got it running well and its faster than the stock 100 but i got a box of parts to make this one faster to,but i will take it slow the kid is still only 7.

COLTBNME
06-09-2009, 02:18 PM
I Love the sport, love the kids and the families are the best in the world. I would not give up a moment I have spent at the track the past 3 years. Keep up the good work kids, and parents be proud and have fun.

Proud Mom of Colton Kellum #484
Hetrick TRX125

jerkyboy
06-09-2009, 07:57 PM
Seth the apex will be but to the test at Unadilla.
There will be some fast 50's there. See ya there.

redonkulousruntsracing
06-10-2009, 05:37 AM
Looking forward to some competition at his age group and on similar quads. He is used to racing against 8,9 and 10 year old kids on modded up 50's and sometimes they drop gate them with the 90's. So it will be nice to see him up against kids his age. I would be happy with a top 10 finish, anything on top of that is just icing on the cake.

EthansDad
06-15-2009, 11:30 AM
Seth, fill us in on what happened in NY. we saw the lap times, looks like he was running hard moto 1 and got a DNF? and moto 2 looked like he was 1-2sec on another rider, then they both DNF'd?? Hard to tell what really happened by looking at lap times, fill us in!

redonkulousruntsracing
06-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Well I guess I should say we had a good weekend, even though that isn't how I feel. Friday was a good day, he practiced well and was the third fastest in his class. He looked really good. Saturday in the 1st moto, he got an awesome start and was third behind 2 - 7 year olds, which are the 2 point leaders in his class until, he crashed into "Gravity Cavity". The jump at the top of it just kicked him completely sideways and he came off his quad and it tumbled down to the bottom landing upside down in the drainage ditch. He was thrown clear of it ,and he scrambled down the hill after it. He was ok, not hurt at all, just scared. After we got his quad out of the hole it was in, he told me he wanted to finish the race and he was ok. So I got it going and he took off and finished the final 2 laps. There was a big cheer from the crowd when he blasted back on to the track ! He ended up 6th Saturday out of 7.
After searching for parts and fixing his quad until 1 am, we hoped Sunday would be a better day, but the rain had cancelled any chance of him getting to practice in the morning, so he just got a site lap then his moto #2. He again had a great start and was 3rd, but quickly showed that the crash spooked him, he wasn't racing like Seth, you could tell he was nervous, and he was really hesitating on the jumps, but he managed to make it up to 3rd again. Then in the last corner before the checkered flag his quad just up and died. I couldn't get to him in time. Seth told the flagger to kick start it, but they didn't, a pull quad hooked up to him and dragged him back to our trailer before I could catch up. When I got to it, I kicked it over and it fired right up on the first try, I rode all over the pits and up and down test run alley and it ran fine. So that was a big let down, They scored him in 5th for Sunday and 5th over all. So all in all, we are disappointed about how the weekend went, but Seth is ok and had a good time, so I guess that is what is important. The quad can be fixed any time.

etondaddy
06-15-2009, 02:57 PM
As long as Seth had a blast......that's all that maters. We went to a all quad event with a three moto format and only got to race three laps of the first moto before Kyle wrecked and were done for the night.....pack it up and ride two hours home.......it's all part of racing. Kyle came home with us....... that's all that maters..

Great job Seth...............;) ;) :D :D ;) ;)

Mike Kozura

EthansDad
06-15-2009, 04:29 PM
what eton daddy said ...have fun, ride safe! he still got a top 10 plaque at the nationals,and has bragging rights for his lap times in moto 1 in my opinion.

Glad to hear he did not get hurt, sounds like a bad get off. hope to meet up with you at one of the other nationals this year.