PDA

View Full Version : Thor MX 50/50's

UnderFire
06-08-2009, 09:29 PM
i'm wondering if anyone has rode with the thor 50/50 boots, i want to get a pair of shortys because the long boots tear the crap out of your seat. i've also looked at: fox ones, and alpinestar tech 2's, and i think the thors look better.

just wondering how they feel and if anyone has had problems with seat tearing.

-Taylor England

06-08-2009, 09:54 PM
I'm glad to have full boots for several reasons. Never had my seat get torn up from them either. I just done see how your seat is getting torn up from the boots.

UnderFire
06-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
I'm glad to have full boots for several reasons. Never had my seat get torn up from them either. I just done see how your seat is getting torn up from the boots.
i don't own full boots, but iv'e rode them and i hate the stiff leg feel. i've seen so many ads for seats that got torn by boots, and my dad had it happen to him by my cousin on his quad.

06-08-2009, 11:03 PM
full boots make you want to just give up on them until you get used to them and you will never go back. I wont ride without them they are so comfortable. Even if i'm doing wheelies or messing around in a field I put them on just because it became so natural feeling. Shifting is super easy with them and the best part is the protection. I've had a few crashes that probally could have broken my legs or ankles or at least sprained my ankles. I have yet to have a sprain or break. They help so much for support when it gets rough, you wont burn your legs, and you can grip the plastic side panels like a dirtbike with them.

BakerRacing40
06-09-2009, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
full boots make you want to just give up on them until you get used to them and you will never go back. I wont ride without them they are so comfortable. Even if i'm doing wheelies or messing around in a field I put them on just because it became so natural feeling. Shifting is super easy with them and the best part is the protection. I've had a few crashes that probally could have broken my legs or ankles or at least sprained my ankles. I have yet to have a sprain or break. They help so much for support when it gets rough, you wont burn your legs, and you can grip the plastic side panels like a dirtbike with them.
i agree with that man i wouldn't ever think about ridding with out my boots. i would have been messed up bad on several occasions without them. and if you think they are to stiff when you try them on at the store? they will be. it didn't take me long to get use to my first pair and to break them in i just did some yard work in them and walked around in them. my boots are like my helmet i don't ride with out them either...

soonerdude77
06-09-2009, 12:31 AM
I've got a pair and they're great...on my KLR. They're good boots but I wear full boots when I'm offroad and save the 50/50s for dual sport rides. They just don't offer the ankle support I want when riding hard.

kamyk
06-09-2009, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by BakerRacing40
i agree with that man i wouldn't ever think about ridding with out my boots. i would have been messed up bad on several occasions without them. and if you think they are to stiff when you try them on at the store? they will be. it didn't take me long to get use to my first pair and to break them in i just did some yard work in them and walked around in them. my boots are like my helmet i don't ride with out them either...

And I agree with that too. It takes some time to get to used to them, but now I would not consider riding without them !! At the start I had problems with switching gears etc... but now WOW they make a hell of a difference. I don't really know what 50.50 are good for, never had a though about that :scary:

kawabunga
06-09-2009, 06:54 AM
Definitely use full size MX boots for quads. 50/50 boots work great for riding pit bike though cause you have to bend your legs a lot further.

Scro
06-09-2009, 07:01 AM
There's no way I would wear them riding a full-size quad or bike. There have been countless times where I would have definately broke my ankle if I hadn't have had a fullsize boot on.