PDA

View Full Version : DRR Stock CDI

TeamNeilson
06-08-2009, 09:07 PM
I have a question about the stock DRR CDI.

When you pull the tab out, is it truly an unlimited CDI?

I'm having a top end speed issue, where I have 2 similar motors and gearing with the same rider and one bike is 6-8 seconds per lap slower than the other and I'm trying to diagnose it.

I've changed weights up to higher numbers, with no gain. I've changed to new fuel which gave me my biggest gain (which is where I am today with a 6-8 second deficit up from 10-12 second)

So considering that the 2 bikes are nearly identical in every way, I don't know where else to look... I was thinking maybe the stock CDI doesn't go up as high in RPM, I was thinking gearing (but don't think there is much that can be gained in gearing to make up the deficit), I was thinking clutching (with limited success), but I can't bring them anywhere near each other..

Any clues what to look at next?

bracey
06-08-2009, 09:16 PM
switch the cdi from quad to quad to see if you slow the fast quad down then keep switching parts untill you find out what makes the diffrents

TeamNeilson
06-08-2009, 09:48 PM
This is true, however from what we can see, the only difference is the CDI, everything else is matched up one to one. (he's using a hetrick unlimited CDI, we are using the stock DRR with the wire removed).

Gearing is identical, clutching is identical, motors are built to the same specs.

bulldogfallon
06-09-2009, 10:20 PM
No it is not umlimited....That is a general term attached to them by most.....

Hook up a tach and it will tell you what you need to know..

I think every mini quad owner needs to have a tach in the tool box.

farmboyquad
06-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Hey, I agree totally about the tach. I love the mini tach I put on my kids quad. Only $60 at www.recmotor.com under RecTech tools. RACE ON!!

Rileyracing00
06-25-2012, 06:34 PM
What is a good replacement CDI box or instructions t remove wire or tab that you speak about above?