PDA

View Full Version : Out for season due to ankle injury...

blakefoote
06-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Hey this is Blake Foote...For those of you who dont know me through the races I race the AMA MX (GNC) series in the Production B class and Open B class. I have had a rough year with a ton of problems but at the same time learned a ton from the experience. I came out at Alabama and won a moto got like 6th in one and a 3rd and crashed out in one lol...But every race since then has just been a struggle...My numbers dont look so hot but me and the ppl who are workin with me have came so far on suspension knowledge and other things from all of the bumps in the road this year...At steele city in practice it semed as if we had finally gotten things together and finally gotten the monkey off of my back. Well i crashed...lol...and shattered my ankle. I had surgery last thrusday and had a screw put in, a bone suen together:huh ...So now im out for season.....

So here is the question and opinion i wanna ask you fellow ATV riders and racers...I didnt do so good of a job in the B class this year besides when i had my crap together...and when i did have everything straight i was a top competitor IMO...I will be able to ride right after Lorettas...and start training while everyone else is kinda burnt out fromthe season...My question is what do you guys think of goin ahead and moving to A class. Im aware it is a huge jump and alot of work...But im willing to do what ever it takes to get there...My mechanic/mentor tells me to stick with B clas and go for the win but at the same time says I would prob be a competetive rider in A if i worked hard enough...

I just wanted to post that because i have alot of time on my hands lol...and that was just ponderin in my head. BTW being injured for the first time majorly...SUX!!!! Ive beatin Call of Duty World at war and Modern Warfare since Thursday lol

blakefoote
06-08-2009, 06:13 PM
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/84/l_8681e90f63e14405af61e6390c15575c.jpg

Thats me BTW right before the ankle breakage

blastinroost
06-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Stick with B until you can beat the class on any track at any time. Then move up once you've seen you're definately the one to beat in that class.

MX450
06-08-2009, 06:38 PM
I would stick to B class one more year and really work hard and try and stay like top 5 all next year, then move to A class.

B class can MOVE, A, even more lol. I know how you feel though, you really want to jump up and move faster but personally I would make sure im on my A game in B, then move up.

MX450
06-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Also sorry to hear about your injury, and good luck with a speedy recovery.

I myself was just starting to pick my speed up, qualified in production C at mill creek 08 (first national ever), then last may shattered my tib/fib, it still is not fully healed i just had a bone graft on it 3 weeks ago, hopefully ill be back on the bike this winter.

Good luck with wutever you decide!

blakefoote
06-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by MX450
I would stick to B class one more year and really work hard and try and stay like top 5 all next year, then move to A class.

B class can MOVE, A, even more lol. I know how you feel though, you really want to jump up and move faster but personally I would make sure im on my A game in B, then move up.

good luck wyour recovery too man....but the only thing about the class thing is...this will make it the 4th year in b :eek2:

blakefoote
06-10-2009, 11:49 AM
bump

extremeblastr
06-10-2009, 12:30 PM
i say move up, if your fast enough to run the front of b then your fast enough to run midpack a. if the chamionship means a lot to you then stick around and get it, but if your goal is to get faster and keep progressing then move up because riding with those guys will only help you...

blakefoote
06-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
i say move up, if your fast enough to run the front of b then your fast enough to run midpack a. if the chamionship means a lot to you then stick around and get it, but if your goal is to get faster and keep progressing then move up because riding with those guys will only help you...

heck yess thats what i wanna hear...i mean i see 2nd or third in B class as just as good or less than 6th or 7th in A

extremeblastr
06-10-2009, 01:36 PM
riding with faster guys is the easiest way to figure out what your doing wrong or just not doing, as long as you can hold that pace safely then by all means move up.

Heatpump#4
06-10-2009, 02:19 PM
id say move up.. a class is fast well the top five really are. i ran mid pack on a stock motor an front long travle suspension at birch until i broke my wrist and my thumb for the second time. IMO i think youll be fine. but whatever you chose good luck.

MX450
06-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by blakefoote
heck yess thats what i wanna hear...i mean i see 2nd or third in B class as just as good or less than 6th or 7th in A

If thats what you wanna hear then your mind is made up... A class

blakefoote
06-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by MX450
If thats what you wanna hear then your mind is made up... A class

well i need to do wuts best...not exactly wut i wanna do lol...if i could i would move up and run Pro lol but gotta do wuts best

DP #000
06-12-2009, 08:08 PM
i dont race all nationals i race neatv. But i went from a 200-300 youth class straight up to A class and im very happy with my decison. and i agree you get faster when you ride with faster people