PDA

View Full Version : Just sheared clutch basket rivets. It' broken again

bwkcobra03
06-08-2009, 04:47 PM
I was out riding yesterday and lost all gears. I thought my clutch went. when i took it appart my clutch basket rivets sheared off the crank shaft. Now there is tones of metal in my crank case. I guess it is back to the dealer. I havent even had this thing 6 months yet. I might have 60 hours on it now. what a bummer. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

hotshotgoal30
06-08-2009, 07:14 PM
hey man that sucks. didnt you have the upgrade? maybe something wasnt right. but anyways i was wondering how your motor runs with 60 hours on it. i read in a recent dirtwheels that these high performance motors should be rebuilt arount 50-75 hours of riding. that didnt seem like much to me. but i just mostly trail ride. does it still sound healthy and all?

bwkcobra03
06-08-2009, 08:05 PM
The motor still runs and sounds healthy. I had all the updated service bullitans done in febuary. I thought it was the clutch again but it is broken where the crank shaft meets the clutch basket.

Is this the flywheel recall? my dealer told me they did the flywheel recal when the fixed my clutch.

Is the fly wheel at the clutch or at the stator??

grannysleeper
06-08-2009, 09:05 PM
The flywheel is on the opposite side of the clutch (right side if you're sitting on it). The flywheel recall shouldn't have anything to do with your problem, as the flywheel does not drive or turn anything off of the crankshaft.

bwkcobra03
06-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Thanks