PDA

View Full Version : A "i love my DS thread"

hotshotgoal30
06-08-2009, 12:58 PM
im sick of the people bashing these quads. people come in here just to get other prople goin its stupid. every quad has problems, not all dealerships treat customers the same so get over it. iv had issues to but i must say i rode the **** out of my ds and i fell in love with it even more. after my install on rossier intake and rossier pipe i cant stay off the thing. the thrill and power is awesome and i didnt have one problem this weekend. i probably spend about a total of 3 hours on the track just beating the hell out of it and it was a blast. it was me who broke down before the quad. on the trails it was great too. i love ripping up the hills on this thing. seriously everytime i get on it its so much fun and iv had it since december. iv had dealership problems too but ill tell you what, everything is great now the machine runs awesome and everywhere i got everyone stares at me. i go to the local drag on wednesday nights with all my buddies and for some reason people are always asking me to race. not any of my buddies. lol i think everyone just wants to try to get a piece of the can am. im a heavier guy and ran 9.3 seconds on 1/8 mile track. not bad. so anyways just wanted to start a thread of " i love my DS" for all the people who actually do go out and ride and understand that every manufactorer has problems. can am hit a home run as far as im concerned for a first try. i love my DS

BamBam730
06-08-2009, 01:15 PM
hotshotgoal30
I couldnt agree with you more. Although i own a 650, it has proven itself to be a great machine. It handles great and is fast. Alot of people complain about the quads, but what are they measuring the quality against. I have owned all different quads throughout the years and the only other one that impressed me was my honda & that was strictly for the reliability. It started every time.

blaster99
06-08-2009, 01:54 PM
well, I've been racing for 6 years now, and this quad is the best thing i have ridden. I rode it at a test day at an indoor track and fell in love when i sat on it. I rode for 10 min when i got mine, and i feel more comfortable than i ever did on my built Suzuki. I come from blasters, so i am used to two stroke power, and this is the closest thing to a 2 stroke that i think i am going to get. Its light, and i never get tired on it. Last year, when i would work out quite a bit, i would do a 15 min moto on my Suzuki and be just dead after. Now, i haven't done any sort of training since mid February, when high school swim season ended and i can do 30 min motos on this quad, and still feel alright. The power to weight ratio is what really matters, so even if i don't have all the horse power of my Suzuki, it feels just as fast, and its going to be way more reliable than any built motor. Also, i get paid to ride! how cool is that?? It makes something i love doing, just that much better.

florentino
06-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by hotshotgoal30
im sick of the people bashing these quads. people come in here just to get other prople goin its stupid. every quad has problems, not all dealerships treat customers the same so get over it. iv had issues to but i must say i rode the **** out of my ds and i fell in love with it even more. after my install on rossier intake and rossier pipe i cant stay off the thing. the thrill and power is awesome and i didnt have one problem this weekend. i probably spend about a total of 3 hours on the track just beating the hell out of it and it was a blast. it was me who broke down before the quad. on the trails it was great too. i love ripping up the hills on this thing. seriously everytime i get on it its so much fun and iv had it since december. iv had dealership problems too but ill tell you what, everything is great now the machine runs awesome and everywhere i got everyone stares at me. i go to the local drag on wednesday nights with all my buddies and for some reason people are always asking me to race. not any of my buddies. lol i think everyone just wants to try to get a piece of the can am. im a heavier guy and ran 9.3 seconds on 1/8 mile track. not bad. so anyways just wanted to start a thread of " i love my DS" for all the people who actually do go out and ride and understand that every manufactorer has problems. can am hit a home run as far as im concerned for a first try. i love my DS
once you start to race in a real race vs all types of 450s at a real track with big jumps and so on .. hey i have a ds too its nice .. its lap times is what counts on a mx track...

dbkbushwacker
06-08-2009, 06:35 PM
I love my ds too. Every time I go to the drags or the mx track everbody wants to race me and I surpise alot of people. I plan on getting a second ds in the future.

andiboy123
06-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Let’s talk some facts here, first of all I LOVE MY DS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, here are some folks talking about their dealers, saying their DS broke down, SAYING HOW THEIR HONDAS RUN FASTER, by the way Hondas are great , great quads, but reality is this , if you been riding for a lot of time , lime some says, they should remember the first year of the yfz for example. The most selling 450, how many problems they had? And now, the most selling 450. Now let’s see our ltr fans, how many got their new atv and broke their tyranny? Or basket? And they fix the entire problem last year. For the record I’m from Puerto rico, I got my ds on the us brand new, brought it to the island, no dealer, no warranty the first month broke my basket, a new Hinson fix, warranty? ME. Second month flywheel destroy because of the bolts, new magneto, flywheel kit cost 500, warranty? ME. IM NOT A RICH DUDE. But i know when there was some issue and i didn’t had “ my dealer” to ask for warranty or for a recall but the fact is that when you have the best atv under your but you accept those kind of things. This was the first year of the ds only 3 problems with it and manufacturer cover those lucky, Yamaha never did, Suzuki never did(most of the people compare the ds to those 2)
You pay 8,000 for an atv fully loaded, having the most light atvdoing some minors mods to go to the track, now let compare the Honda, you pay much less for an atv ,sure 3 years older mine is new, you spend 1 k on suspension, to only match kyb of the ds, spend 800 on wheels , 1 k on a arms , 300 on a steam ,100 on handle bars, nerf bars ,skits plus trying to make it look pretty , you haven’t touch the engine and your atv don’t run as fast as the ds, you need to spend on full system pipes gear your ride and open your engine to put some hot cams to run by our side? Common somebody do some math here for me please!!!!!!!!!!!1
My point here is stop comparing ds to others atv, you will lose , even ktm try to do something, but, you have to pay 11k for something you get with 8k how can am does it don’t know, everybody had issues and all atv pass through this but can their companies say we respond like can am is doing? Nahhhhhhhhh lets say i didn’t say nothing about the NEWWWWWW EFI YFZ-R , they are still getting classes with the can am engineers .

kellymi
06-08-2009, 08:24 PM
I really like mine so far also. I race mine in the Iowa ATV Hairscramble Series in the B class and this thing does awesome for me. I can honestly say that the suspension is better on this then my old DVX that had suspension built for me. Plus it is a very comfortable quad to ride. Some people might complain about the lack of power but they really need to spend some time on it. It has some good power, it's just a very smooth and deceiving power. The gearing of the XC model is perfect for cross country. I have no problem with power and I am bone stock. The steering on this thing is sweet. The light weight is great because I'm not exactly a big guy. So far I have not had any problems with it. People might worry about the radiator being out front but I haven't found it to be that big a problem, and I have tested it. My first race this year was a complete mudfest.

I am one of the ones that is having a hard time finding a good dealer, but that doesn't detract from the quad. Doesn't really matter anyway because no matter what quad I've owned I usually know more then the dealer anyway. I am taking my DS into the dealer this week though to see if i can get them to do the clutch update.

The only problem I've had so far is myself not being in shape and I have beat the crap out it so far.